A Question About Priestly Realm Magic

Is a paladin, after reaching the required level, able to cast priest realm spells as allowed by his ethos and caster level, if controlling the required temple?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 2nd ed the text was pretty clear that only priests and could cast realm spells.

In the BRCS it is likewise patterned in the Realm Magic section.

Now in games I had played (and run) we had allowed paladins to cast realm spells - but they were severely limited due to their low spell level.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would argue against letting Palladins cast Realm Magic.

My lead argument is that the Palladins are the militant arm of their temple, while the Clerics are the true caretakers of their faith. The former defend the lands and the believers with the sword, while the latter use the wrath or benevolence (whatever the case might be) of their god.

This could be seen as a political argument, but i BR, the line between religion and politics is thin at best.
    -Harald

Today, we were kidnapped by hill folk never to be seen again. It was the best day ever.

Blog

Thread Information