Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Nine players are very hard to control. Even if you control this special one, it could be that an other takes over the part of the trouble maker.

Nine people only works, if all participants show discipline and put back some personal interests.
    my purpose is now to lead you into the Pallace where you shall have a clear and delightful view of all those various objects, and scattered excellencies, that lye up and down upon the face of creation, which are only seen by those that go down into the Seas, and by no other....

well, if that player causes problem. assassinate him!
    it's easy no? first your the dm, you can make a huge plot, maybe made by the magian (he's tricky enough!) that hides another huge plot, basically the magian for a reason or another wants that character dead. so he makes things to produce evidence that that player is plotting against his friends to usurp their powers secretly. and make the other players feel threatened by that player in game, and have them kill him! that always works

Downloads
    Uploads

Smile

well
    ill try to help you the best i can
    first, the guys are true; the better solution is not to assasinate him (unless you dont want him back to your BR table) or blind him...

well i understand such players; i had many players paper keepers who wanted to know everything in their domains; i proceeded in giving many infos on demand to the players simulating their vast knowledge sometime too loud for the role playing game; at least they stopped asking everything in order to keep it on sheet. With the skills you can simulate it.
    effectively, sometime birthright game comes to a very realistic climax and players want to know the names of all their generals and soldiers...
    ouch
    resolve it by creating archetypes of anuirian armies, khinasi etc... and so
    like sergents (3rd level) generals (9th level)

i had (ouch) a player (male) who played Thuirien Donnals and WAS not ruling Talinie; that was crazy, the rulership felled uppon a ranger named Riegon Caraesene. The guy (Donnals) was absolutely fanatic and was always insisting on the role playing in the domain turn; because you see very good players want to turn advantage of double or triple dealing. While others quickly want to see what will happen next month... The fact is that double dealing provides great games when the time is not a factor. So you have to balance your attention

you dont have to separate in two group
    just tell the players before the game that will be a long-period set for the game (meening the players will roll dices and proceed forward for many DT), or a short-period game (meening players will be able to play diplomatic events or maybe an adventure); then they choose to come or not to the game; if they dont they just prepare their next game in two way: 1) they dont want to play a domain turn game: they write their future actions and give master hint for their next game; then the master is free to proceed with all the realms anyway;
    2) they dont want to lpay a diplomatic or role playing game; they just dont come; next game no time will have passed and then every one continue alltoghether (as in the case of an adventure)
    wow,
    This dont mean they are in seperate games (come on you have 9 polayers). It had at its climax 25 players in my game and some of them never played at the same time. You have to be carefull the effect of their actions are taken in account.
    anyway you dont have to seperate games in that way just mixt the two in a game; then the early part of the meeting is DT and the last roleplaying;i know that is difficult but a good master MUST be able to deal with those dualistic views i think

i dont know if this help you but i could try later
    lol
    ok ciao

Birthright is THE game for the real players...

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Take it from a guy who's just as bad

Talk to him about it! That's the short version...

If he's anything like me - the talking version of a hack n' slasher... He's probably being so active because he wants to show the others "how it's done" by example. I did that - sorry - I DO that... Trouble is you kind of take over the game unless you have a lot of discipline and as long as none of the others are rising to the challenge, he's just going to keep the jabber up and the game occupied.

Don't kill him off, though - unless you want him out of the game...

Sounds to me like he'd actually make an excellent NPC regent or somesuch. Give him a realm to run on his own - either against you, against the PC's or both. But the primary idea of this is to remove him from the direct rpg'ing with the others, but giving him time to make out all the nifty things and ideas he gets. You could even make him run one of the lesser badguys - like the Black Spear Gnolls or one of the awnsheglien...

In any case I can only say that we incessant babblers actually want to be GM's ourselves and most of the time believe we are...

Thread Information