The Swordgaunt is a tall, gaunt figure clad in black full plate mail with a long cape made out of darkness and shadows. His face is pale, with a wax-like shine. His lifeless hair flows like strings of coagulated tar, and his eyes glows like the cold winter sun. On his head he wears a crown wrought of a dozen sharp blades. He wields the sword Kawnshuagh and a Nightmare serves as his steed.

It is believed that in the tenth Century of Haelyn’s Count, the Swordgaunt rode together with the Illustrious Emperor Michael Roele during His Highness’ most just campaign against the Foul and Blasphemous Prince Raesene. In those days, he was a knight of the Holy Order of the Knights of Haelyn and bore the name of Sir Lucien of Erwendale.

Nothing is known of this creature after the year 1387 HC when it was driven from the lands of Alamie by the most Noble and Esteemed Lord Cyrion. We all pray to the Gods that They have seen fit to deliver us from this blasphemous creature.

-From the Liber Awnsheglien

This was the main villain of my last BR campaign, and if anyone is interested in the stats I can post them as well. I placed him in Five Peaks, and he proved to be a formidable oponent to the Thane of Talinie (may he rest in peace).