Gorgon's Alliance PC Game

Alrighty so I'm very new to this forum, so i'll take the chance to say Hi everyone!! *hugs*

So I'm a HUGE fan of the PC version of this game, it enthralled me for a very long time. Since then I havn't tried to play it until very recently. I purchased a new copy off of ebay, and yes the cd is fine, was in it's original packaging and all. Now i'm trying to install it(on Windows XP) and I keep getting an integer divided by 0 error. I can run it very sloppily in the little dos window, but I would like to run it in it's Windows 95 way.

I looked around the forum posts and found on post that looked like it would help, but the link was bad and doesn't work anymore=( If anyone has any help they could give me, or now how I could obtain a newer version of the game, I would be EVER so greatful!!

-Mitch

fixed, but still got questions

So I managed to get it installed on my PC with the windows version, but I was wondering how I could get it to play correctly in full screen mode? When i select it, the screen gives me weird colors which makes it hardly playable. Also...how do we play online with other people... it seems that since VU doesn't support this game anymore, the servers don't work If anyone is interested in playing and/or helping to teach me the ways of the game again, please lemme know!!!

-Mitch

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/...downloads.html

The best way to run any kind of DOS application is to find a lightweight DOS emulator. DOSBox is well known, but I suggest you do a little research on your own.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by psycomitch
    So I managed to get it installed on my PC with the windows version, but I was wondering how I could get it to play correctly in full screen mode? When i select it, the screen gives me weird colors which makes it hardly playable. Also...how do we play online with other people... it seems that since VU doesn't support this game anymore, the servers don't work If anyone is interested in playing and/or helping to teach me the ways of the game again, please lemme know!!!

-Mitch

Greetings!

I managed to make it run under XP avoiding the "psicho colors" in full screen using the 32bit exe. First of all you have to upgrade it to the latest version (I am at work now, but I think it is 1.04). Then, there is an option on the screen settings that, together with the full screen option turned on, will enable you to play it full screen with nice colors! (I am sorry, but I cannot recall which option it is, but there are just three or four diferent options, one of them is ruled out - the full screen option - and it is something to turn on/off).

Great Game! Hope this Helps!

Regards,

Carlos

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by psycomitch
    Alrighty so I'm very new to this forum, so i'll take the chance to say Hi everyone!! *hugs*

So I'm a HUGE fan of the PC version of this game, it enthralled me for a very long time. Since then I havn't tried to play it until very recently. I purchased a new copy off of ebay, and yes the cd is fine, was in it's original packaging and all. Now i'm trying to install it(on Windows XP) and I keep getting an integer divided by 0 error. I can run it very sloppily in the little dos window, but I would like to run it in it's Windows 95 way.

I looked around the forum posts and found on post that looked like it would help, but the link was bad and doesn't work anymore=( If anyone has any help they could give me, or now how I could obtain a newer version of the game, I would be EVER so greatful!!

-Mitch

If I remember correctly, you CANNOT allow the installer to check your system configuration as when it starts checking your processor he goes KABUM! so, the trick is to install without detecting the hardware...

Hope this helps!

Thread Information