Thread: Dwarven Clerics

Downloads
    Uploads

Dwarven Clerics

Hi,

I am new to this site, so I hope I posted this right...Anyway, I am not new to the setting, but I am planning a new campaign for my group and we are going to take the plunge underground and do a Dwarven campaign. I am thinking along the lines of an underground trek to the lost city of Khelib-izul (not sure of the spelling right now). It is mentioned in Cities of the Sun and in the Bahruk-ahzik module.

I am planning on using the dungeons (with changes) from the old Ruins of Undermountain I and II for some of it and I think I am all set except for one idea...that's my main question. OK...with that in mind, has anybody ever made a more developed background for the Clerics of Moradin? I have read the book where it says that they are the same as standard clerics, but has anybody tried anything with different spheres or powers? Just curious. Oh, by the way, I am using the 2nd Edition rules with the Skills and Powers Options. Thanks, Audric

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Let's see if i can remember the 2nd Ed rules here...

Personally, i'd make them more earthy-based. Drop several of the standard cleric spheres, but give them major access to elemental (at least fire and earth). Maybe some extra powers- extended infravision, turn/command water/earth creatures. And possibly a nicer array of weapons- add axes and picks for example.

I'll have to look through my old books, but that should get you started. That should tweak them away from the `standard' clerics and towards something more fitting a cleric of Moradin.

-Fizz
    Last edited by Fizz; 02-18-2006 at 12:24 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Dragon #250 had a skills and powers key for Birthright. You may find it useful, if you can find a copy. It is on the Complete Dragon CD (goes up to issue #250 amazing isn't it?).

IIRC there was a book that had specialty priests of the demihumans. They ahd the entire dwarven pantheon listed. I beleive it was Monster Mythology, but I could be mistaken.

It broke them down like specialty priests instead of standard clerics. that is probably closer to what you'd like. Also nothing prevents incorporation of the dwarven pantheon, only Moradin is documented in the BRRB but that doesn't mean the others don't exist.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    It was monster mythology and it is a great book which I still find of use and generaly of better quality than the similar 3rd ed books that have been released.
    MORNINGSTAR

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks

Thanks for the advice! I do not have the Monster Mythology book you mentioned but I do have the Complete Dragon CD. That was actually quite helpful for me. That CD set is so full of stuff, you never know what you'll find.

Anyway, thanks again!

Regards,

Audric

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Audric,

While not of direct relation to your questions, I had to tell you: Audric Eriksson is the name of one of my core NPC's (Rjurik mage-in-exile, now replacing the Eyeless One as the source regent of the Five Peaks area) in my long-running BR campaign. Good name choice!

Downloads
    Uploads

Audric

Hi Osprey,

Thanks

Audric Taelwulf is one of the Rjurik highland clan's generals in my long-running Rjurik campaign. My mom is from Scotland, so I am heavy on the Celtic flavor in my world.

Whenever he helps out the party as an NPC, the dice just start landing on 20's (right in front of the players!). It really added to his mystique.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I actually have a Dwarven question that is just now coming up in my campaign. I'll ask it here since we are talking about dwarves rather than start a new thread.

What is the Cerillian Dwarf lifespan? I couldn't find the information at first glance in the BR stuff and I can't find it in the core 3rd ed books. and I can't find my 2nd ed books. Thanks.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    pg 109 of the 3.5 PHB lists the age, height and weight tables for races.

Dwarves:

middle age- 125

old - 188

venerable 250
    max +2d100.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was only looking in "ch 2 races" of the phb, I was never going to find it there. I feel pretty dumb but I hope you can atleast give me credit that it seems logical it might be located there.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Thread Information