Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thats basically what I did Green was put together all the maps (though fairly roughly) and used those as a blueprint. Now that I have that big map of the original ones that came in the box sets done I have not tried to lay this one here over it to double check yet for accuracy.

As for the programs, basically the steps so far were this...

Corel painter, drew out the main outline with my tablet and pen over top of the originals on a new layer. Drew out all of the border divions on a second layer, then I exported them both to new files.

Photoshop, put down a base that could be manipulated (the parchment look) and pasted in the outlines and divisions layers. Set both of those layers to multiply so only the lines showed. Went about putting in details and using those new layers to help make a few extra effects like selecting the outside area of the continents outline to cut out the perfect shape for the oceans to work on.

The ocean is a pretty simple couple layers. It was a solid blue layer sitting over the parchment background. Used the opacity slider to make it about 30-40% I think. Then a second layer that sat on top of that is the coastal effect. Thats just simply using the airbrush tool and setting the opacity and flow way down, like maybe 3% to 5% opacity and 25% or so flow. Just apply it a little at a time and you can get that cloudy effect pretty quickly and efficiently. Do just the opposite for the deep water and use dark blue with the airbrush instead of white. The ocean stuff looks ilke the most detailed area but actually didnt take a fraction of the time that the outilnes and borders did.

Still have not figured out how I want to do forests, plains and mountains. Likely the forests and plains can be done in a very similar way to the oceans. Mountains I dont see a quick of doing however, so those might take some time.

Hope that answered your question. If you got any specific questions I never mind giving photoshop tips.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi,

What about making some tubes for mountains? Thay would look somewhat similar to the original maps. You would still need some sort of background for the mountains, but with a small set of mountain tubes on top of that you could get a very nice look.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow! So far, this is looking great! Keep it up! No chance you are in New England, is there? Might help out a bit, especially with far lands.

As for the maps of Aduria and Djapar, I have everything that is canon. The rest of the world is pretty much conjecture.

Downloads
    Uploads
    where can i find Canon maps about Aduria? please!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Benjamin

Manty

(ps i just got an email if you wondered)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the second email Benjamin

Downloads
    Uploads
    FYI - I forwarded to Mantylouto Rich Baker's Lost Files on Aduria, and the hand drawn map. I also included Ian Hoskin's (Prince Raesene's) Aduria map that had all the regions marked out. All public domain. Nothing secretive going on.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Is there any way by chance you could attach those here for all of us other salivating BR nuts?
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Downloads
    Uploads
    They used to be here, somewhere. I thought.

I'll let the full migration get completed, then send them along. Give me a couple weeks.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    They used to be here, somewhere. I thought.

I'll let the full migration get completed, then send them along. Give me a couple weeks.
    Rich's lost files are in an attachment on the Royal Library FAQ thread.

http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2188
    Duane Eggert

Thread Information