Need substitute for dragons

I am trying convert different pre-made modules, and one problem I am encountering is the presence of lower-level dragons in the pre-made adventurers. Dragons being rare in Cerilia, I need to come up with suitable replacements. For example, I’m converting Ironfang Invasion, a Pathfinder 1e adventure path, and there’s a young black dragon that the group confronts early on in the adventure. What else can I use instead of the dragon? Just waving my hand and disguising it as an unknown awnshegh seems lazy.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by UVAtom View Post
    I am trying convert different pre-made modules, and one problem I am encountering is the presence of lower-level dragons in the pre-made adventurers. Dragons being rare in Cerilia, I need to come up with suitable replacements. For example, I’m converting Ironfang Invasion, a Pathfinder 1e adventure path, and there’s a young black dragon that the group confronts early on in the adventure. What else can I use instead of the dragon? Just waving my hand and disguising it as an unknown awnshegh seems lazy.
    I would use an enhanced wyvern, behir or other fairly tough draconic monster, or you could use the offspring of an awnie like the gorgon who are monsters rather than awnie.

Thread Information