Mythras rpg, for Birthright (Runequest 6)

I had more than a couple of years to login here, and I am very glad this community is still alive!

So I am GMing a BR campaign set in some 170 years in the future of the original setting of 551MR, and we are using the rules for Mythras rpg from design mechanism (the vanilla ones, not the Classic Fantasy module).

In general I think they work exceptionally well for Birthright, as it is a more gritty / low magic world than the traditional high fantasy settings.

All 3 pcs are Anuireans, the Baron of Diemed, the guildmaster, a bastard of a minor house, and the court mage, who is a descendant of an extinct noble family from Avanil (the Caulnors).

If anyone has experience with Mythras, I would be glad to take any advice on the setting. I'm having a bit of a pickle with the selection of Combat Styles for the Anuirean noble pcs. I was thinking that something like "Knight" would be an available cultural combat style.

Other than that, the regeneration of Magic Points, I intent to have it being tied to the magic power of the province. Eg resting in the woods of a 1/7 province would regenerate d8 MPs, while in a 3/2, much less. Resting in provinces with 0 magic level, would provide no magic points.

So, anyone who could assist here? Many thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakraal View Post
    I had more than a couple of years to login here, and I am very glad this community is still alive!

So I am GMing a BR campaign set in some 170 years in the future of the original setting of 551MR, and we are using the rules for Mythras rpg from design mechanism (the vanilla ones, not the Classic Fantasy module).

In general I think they work exceptionally well for Birthright, as it is a more gritty / low magic world than the traditional high fantasy settings.

All 3 pcs are Anuireans, the Baron of Diemed, the guildmaster, a bastard of a minor house, and the court mage, who is a descendant of an extinct noble family from Avanil (the Caulnors).

If anyone has experience with Mythras, I would be glad to take any advice on the setting. I'm having a bit of a pickle with the selection of Combat Styles for the Anuirean noble pcs. I was thinking that something like "Knight" would be an available cultural combat style.

Other than that, the regeneration of Magic Points, I intent to have it being tied to the magic power of the province. Eg resting in the woods of a 1/7 province would regenerate d8 MPs, while in a 3/2, much less. Resting in provinces with 0 magic level, would provide no magic points.

So, anyone who could assist here? Many thanks in advance!
    Greetings, Nakraal,
    I am planning to try to convince my current group to try Birthright using Mythras with Classic Fantasy. We just changed GMs and are now learning Pathfinder 2e. It may tale awhile.... I am interested in yours plans.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakraal View Post
    Sounds interesting! I'm not experienced with Runequest (read the basic rules years ago but haven't used them in game), but I can suggest there are 2 dominant fighting styles among Anuirean nobility:
    Knight style would focus on heavy armor and shield, combat riding, lance, sword, and 1 other hand weapon of choice (mace, ball and chain, or military pick are classic options).
    Fencing would be the equally popular though newer style imported from Brechtur, focusing on mobility (no armor) and speed; rapier and main gauche 2 weapon fighting would be the emphasis. Dodging, parrying, and flanking footwork is how one defends, with ripostes and counter-attacks built in (including the famous Black Strike).
    (even Darien Avan favors this style).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I ran a campaign in the Giant Downs a few years back, when it was still RuneQuest 6. It worked pretty well, but we never really got into using magic. Most of the conversions of stuff I did are here if you want to see how I handled things: http://raxstower.finzen.com/index.php/Birthright_Quest I did convert some of the blood ability stuff too, but haven't gotten around to updating the wiki with the information.
    _______
    Linnorm

Thread Information