Downloads
    Uploads

Khinasi Skirmishers special rule question, Vos Archers +1 attack bonus

I begin to read old sources and noticed a special rule about Khinasi skirmishers:

They have the special power of being able to fall back (battle card result F) through friendly units with no penalty: their training lets them pass through their own ranks without losing their unit cohesiveness.

But as far as I remembered Fall Back isn't effected by friendly units. Do I misunderstand ?

Also Vos archers card says they have +1 to attack instead of missile attack, it is probably a typo, is it?

Are there any errata for Birthright products, official or fan-made?

They have the special power of being able to fall back (battle card result F) through friendly units with no penalty: their training lets them pass through their own ranks without losing their unit cohesiveness.

But as far as I remembered Fall Back isn't effected by friendly units. Do I misunderstand ?
    In 2E (core, p. 71/72), only routed units get destroyed if they are blocked by friendly or enemy units:

Routs:\[...\] If friendly or enemy units block all possible retreat paths, the unit is automatically destroyed.
    Fall Backs: (...) If enemy units block all possible paths of retreat, the retreating unit is destroyed.
    In 3E I'm not finding any of this, however
    Unengaged, routed units must attempt to return to its reserve by the shortest path and as quickly as possible.
    3E is less destructive in warfare than 2E, So I wouldn't be surprised if 3E simply doesn't allow movement instead of destroying the unit.

If you are playing 2E , they probably wrote "fall back" instead of "rout", in 3E seems useless.

Also Vos archers card says they have +1 to attack instead of missile attack, it is probably a typo, is it?
    Does you war card says "+1 to attack"? I only have scans of ToTHW, and it says "+1 to missile attacks". in 2E there is no "attack" property, only missile, melee and charge. In there are no vos archers, or at least considered uncommon, in 3E, according to the units page.

As of the errata, a quick research showed nothing and I know not of an official errata.

Quote Originally Posted by Oqlanth View Post
    I begin to read old sources and noticed a special rule about Khinasi skirmishers:

Are there any errata for Birthright products, official or fan-made?
    Where are you getting these? They would seem to be typos...

Quote Originally Posted by Witness3 View Post
    3E is less destructive in warfare than 2E, So I wouldn't be surprised if 3E simply doesn't allow movement instead of destroying the unit.

If you are playing 2E , they probably wrote "fall back" instead of "rout", in 3E seems useless.
    I'm sensing you don't use the 3E rules for mass combat? What don't you like about the rules...?

Downloads
    Uploads
    In 2E (core, p. 71/72), only routed units get destroyed if they are blocked by friendly or enemy units:

In 3E I'm not finding any of this, however

Does you war card says "+1 to attack"? I only have scans of ToTHW, and it says "+1 to missile attacks". in 2E there is no "attack" property, only missile, melee and charge. In there are no vos archers, or at least considered uncommon, in 3E, according to the units page.

As of the errata, a quick research showed nothing and I know not of an official errata.
    I have to apologize first for Vos Archers question. It was a mistake. The "+1 to attacks vs. mounted units." special feature is in Khinasi Archers cards in Cities of Sun expansion, not Vos Archers. And as you mentioned it is probably a typo.
    So this Khinasi Skirmisher special feature is probably for Rout not Fall Back.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by masterdaorin View Post
    Where are you getting these? They would seem to be typos...
    Cities of Sun expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by masterdaorin View Post
    I'm sensing you don't use the 3E rules for mass combat? What don't you like about the rules...?
    Actually, I don't know much about 3rd edition mass combat Birthright rules. We used to play in 2e rules and majority of our group like 2e instead of 3rd e DnD. But is it possible to play 3rd e Birthright rules for mass combat and/or Regency rules while still using 2e ad&d rules for rest of the system?

Yes, it's certainly possible...

Quote Originally Posted by Oqlanth View Post
    Actually, I don't know much about 3rd edition mass combat Birthright rules. We used to play in 2e rules and majority of our group like 2e instead of 3rd e DnD. But is it possible to play 3rd e Birthright rules for mass combat and/or Regency rules while still using 2e ad&d rules for rest of the system?
    Absolutely. They are mostly compatible in nature, in my experience you may even just change the roll (3E use a classic d20 vs number). There is a number of differences in units, i.e. Vos no longer have the missile attacks for most cards, but in the long end it's better than 2E.
    (I'm going by memory on this)

Be careful as to all the small sub-rules, especially for rout, morale, surrender, and movement with arrows.
    Stay away from the "formula" if you can.

Also, an important difference between 2E and 3E must be made in terms of strategic combat (AKA map movement and stuff). 3E does not have the 10MP buy system, so units movement is more "realistic" as in slower; also, there is no "attacker vs defender" logic, movement rights are done via war initiative. Military actions such as pillage occur less often, in 2E it was assumed that they could be done at the end of the week, in 3E they can be done at the end of the month.

Be careful as to all the small sub-rules, especially for rout, morale, surrender, and movement with arrows.
    Stay away from the "formula" if you can.

Also, an important difference between 2E and 3E must be made in terms of strategic combat (AKA map movement and stuff). 3E does not have the 10MP buy system, so units movement is more "realistic" as in slower; also, there is no "attacker vs defender" logic, movement rights are done via war initiative. Military actions such as pillage occur less often, in 2E it was assumed that they could be done at the end of the week, in 3E they can be done at the end of the month.
    What do you mean by this? 3e still has areas, etc... I don't see these changes...

Thread Information