Downloads
    Uploads

Doublechecking Chapter 6 on wiki

Hi everyone,

Years ago (feels like that), I went through manually double-checking each BRCS page on the wiki against the pdf chapters. I formatted it all so that it was as close to the original layout as possible or had a standardised equivalent format. The BRCS pages were protected so that they were not editable except by Mods and Admins.

Since then we have found errors/inconsistencies in the original documents and updates to the software behind-the-scenes have messed up some of the wiki formatting (mainly removing the need to include line-breaks manually and changing some characters into ?). As a result, I have (less regularly) gone and tidied things up again, adding a header template for pages with known errors.

In this I have discovered at least three sections in Chapter 6 that don't seem to have been moved into the protected BRCS pages - Tactical warfare, Strategic warfare and Managing military assets.

Can anyone remember why this might have happened?
    We did end up converting Ch 1-6 to D&D 3.5e, didn't we? Or was it Ch 1-5?

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Hi everyone,

Years ago (feels like that), I went through manually double-checking each BRCS page on the wiki against the pdf chapters. I formatted it all so that it was as close to the original layout as possible or had a standardised equivalent format. The BRCS pages were protected so that they were not editable except by Mods and Admins.

Since then we have found errors/inconsistencies in the original documents and updates to the software behind-the-scenes have messed up some of the wiki formatting (mainly removing the need to include line-breaks manually and changing some characters into ?). As a result, I have (less regularly) gone and tidied things up again, adding a header template for pages with known errors.

In this I have discovered at least three sections in Chapter 6 that don't seem to have been moved into the protected BRCS pages - Tactical warfare, Strategic warfare and Managing military assets.

Can anyone remember why this might have happened?
    We did end up converting Ch 1-6 to D&D 3.5e, didn't we? Or was it Ch 1-5?

Sorontar
    I thought Ch 6 Warfare and later were the unfinished ones?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the last thread on Ch 6 I found in the forums - clearly an unfinished WIP

http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...he-battlefield

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for finding that. I am thinking we might have to move the wiki contents of CH5-9 to BRCS but flag them with something like a "yet to be synchronised with the 3.5e version of the BRCS" header. For a lot of these chapters, there is little to be done in that, but such clarity would be important.

I am also thinking that the BRCS header should be shifted from the bottom of the BRCS pages to the top, to help make it clearer which pages are "official" BRCS pages and which are open to fan-modifications, like the Atlas and NPC pages.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Thanks for finding that. I am thinking we might have to move the wiki contents of CH5-9 to BRCS but flag them with something like a "yet to be synchronised with the 3.5e version of the BRCS" header. For a lot of these chapters, there is little to be done in that, but such clarity would be important.

I am also thinking that the BRCS header should be shifted from the bottom of the BRCS pages to the top, to help make it clearer which pages are "official" BRCS pages and which are open to fan-modifications, like the Atlas and NPC pages.

Sorontar
    Clarity is good. These all sound like good ideas.

Thanks for all you do here Sorontar! Wiki Beast!

Thread Information