Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    No reason, except its very "unCerilian". The Sidhelien do not worship gods. Most likely they are unable to.
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    How can they be unable to pray to them? Do the gods not speak their language? Perhaps the gods won't listen to them because they are still angry about them originally being against them in the Great Battle. However, I could not see Erik staying mad at them long given the attachment they have to his realm! I still am looking for a good explanation.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Sidhelien have never worshiped any gods. Why would they start now? There has to be a reason; either they can't or they won't. Either way, elves don't worship...
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't buy that! There is no explanation of why they haven't worshiped a god. You mean to tell me there is no chance what-so-ever that an elf was converted to worship Erik. I don't see a reason as to why that chance would be eliminated.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Lord Eldred
    I don't buy that! There is no explanation of why they haven't worshiped a god. You mean to tell me there is no chance what-so-ever that an elf was converted to worship Erik. I don't see a reason as to why that chance would be eliminated.
    I wouldn't fully eliminate the possibility of a few rogue elves worshiping gods, but as a whole I veiw them as shunning the human's gods as much as shunning the humans who ruin their lands.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Other than Erik I wasn't really arguing that elves would worship human gods. I am arguing they would worship their own god as indicated in the 3e rules or whatever entity created them in Birthright.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Are you sure that the sidhelien were created by a god? Maybe they just evolved :)

I just can't see why elves would need human gods for all of a sudded. Why Erik, why not Haelyn, just because Erik likes nautre dosn't mean he'll have any appela to the elves. On the contrary, Reynir's druids surely helped kill just as many elves during the Hunt as Anduria's Clerics. Erik's followers are not any more friendly with the elves either.

I would think the sidhelien as a spiritual people, but not worshiping any gods.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps they did evolve as some would argue we have on earth yet we still worship a god. IF they did have a creator why wouldn't they worship him/her? No one seems to want to answer this question.

As far as human gods, I think that they would be rarely worshiped and you are right there is just as much chance that the God worship is Haelyn. I would think Elves that have left there homes to live with humans would have a chance to be converted to any god. As far as Erik is concerned his concern for nature would be an appeal, perhaps he directly appeared to some elves to get them to convert.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    I still don't like it and can't find anything to support such a view. The sidhelien are very different from other races, and should be portrayed accordingly. All this talk of gods and creatuors and worship hold no meaning for them IMO.

I have to admitt though, that I to have allowed some elves to worship gods. This happened under some very special circumstances. The elves in question all renounced their immortality and many of their other powers to in effect become mortals. This then allowed them to worship gods and also enjoy an afterilfe when they died.

So I'm not COMPLETELY against the idea of worshipin' elves ;)
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sorry to go off topic but can somebody please tell me what IMO means?
    "I did not pass through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a serving man untill the lightning falls!"

Thread Information