Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    This entry has been revised, and is now posted in the Writer's Guild under the name "Workings of Magic".
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Downloads
    Uploads
    Perhaps I missed what is wrong with the original way magic worked?!:P
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, it actually worked fine with 2ed :P

Maybe its just me liking to tweak the rules here and there...

Couple of things I never liked:
    1. Elves always seemed very druidish in their approach to magic. Still, druids use divine magic so thats out of the question.
    2. But wait! Rangers also use divine magic - elves can't be rangers either. Either that or a major inconsistency.
    3. Priests of Erik are druids. Thus they thrive on temple holdings. Yet they try to keep province levels down. Does that make sense?
    4. Why are there a lot of empty sources in Rjurik?
    etc.
    etc.

Changing druidic magic from divine to arcane just makes sense to me. In fact, nature and mebhaighl is two sides of the same coin. Very strange if druids, who "worship" nautre, should be unable to tap it.
    Solution:
    1. Elves can be druids and rangers
    2. Priests of Erik can be mulitclass druid/clerics - thus making it logical to want both sources and temples.
    3. Explains the mpty sources in Rjurik - the druids have them...
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    A)
    psy isn't magic
    B) three realm of magic......mentalism, channeling, essence..oh my god it's Rolemaster RPG.....
    C) i agree with you and not...druid can believe in elemental force of nature not in deities ( ref complete manuel of priest ) and justifed Rjurik nation and permited effectively elf to become ranger etc... ok, but druid can also believe in deities ! It's just a vision of the world by DM, it's all...

Downloads
    Uploads
    A) Wheter or not you want to call Psionics magic or not depends. To me, its just another weird form of manipulating the world...
    B) Oh no! Next: Magic Missile Criticals, Moving Maneuvers for Orogs in chain shirts!!!
    C) Yes indeed, its only a matter of how you look at the world.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Druids holding the sources makes sense since its like the natural "force of life" etc. however they are from the priest class which would get their power from a god.
    confusing situation.
    0=[=====>
    Lord Valkyr, Duke of Aragon

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yes, exactly. That is why I propose changing druidic magic to arcane. Then there would be no connection to the gods.
    Elves could then be druids, and you can even incorporate some 'sidhelien' spirituality' if you want. As for priests of Erik, they could multiclass into cleric/druids.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    I would hate to see druids lose their cleric status since they have been tied to gods for all these years. However, what if druids casted both kinds of magic due to all the arguments you have made plus the fact they are tied to a god. Or does that make druids too powerful? Why do elves have to be druids? You seem to be stuck on that issue.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Downloads
    Uploads
    Elves don't HAVE to be druids. It just that I think the druid spell list and abilities are perhaps more in line with the nature of the sidhelien - connection to nature, the elements etc. Also, elves should still be able to be sorcerers and possibly wizards - I'm just looking for a way to lik druids to elves without linking elves to the gods.

There could very well be druids who are also connected to the gods. You could give druids of Erik 1/2 temple and 1/2 source regency. Elves should stick with full source though.
    Cheers
    Bjørn

Downloads
    Uploads
    Why couldn't an elf become a druid and pray to Erik? I know that the Birthright rulebook indicated that Cerilian Elves do not have gods but it doesn't give an explanation. The 3e rules indicate there is a god of the elves and that they also follow the god of the forest (becoming druids) and some pray to other gods according to alignment. With the attachment that elves have to the forest why would they not become attached to a god of the forest?
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the

Thread Information