Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Orginally posted by Mithrandir
    Sorry to go off topic but can somebody please tell me what IMO means?
    IMO = In My Opinion
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
    HMO = Health Maintenance Organization
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My two bits......

IMO,elves did not worship any gods previous to the humans cause they did not want to.I do not beleive that elves never saw clerical magic beforehand as dwarves have gods as do the goblins.I beleive that they were simply too arrogant to worship a god.

Celtic druids did NOT worship nature,they worshipped GODS in nature.The set up there holy places deep in the forrests and mountains were they lived,where they beleived the veil between Tir NaNog and their world was thin and the magic was strongest from there.If you want,you can say that druids worship the elemental forces of nature.However,I still beleive that elves did not do that out of arrogance.

For some reason.it appears that everyone wants to beleive elves were totally innocent in their war with the humans.That is like saying AmerInds(American Indians) never done any wrong,they did.What I think happened was the anuireans got the elves going by the way they did things,such as clearing vast forrests to plant a couple of farms.By overhunting and damming up streams.That and just a continual push to grab more and more land.The elves probably started to sabotage logging equipment and other acts of annoyance.Then probably a human killed an elf he caught doing something to one of his saws and the BAM!!!!! you got bloodshed and everything just blew up from there.Now I do beleive that here the Anuireans were in the wrong here,but what about the Rjurik??I beleived that was mutual.The rjurik loved the same places the elves did.They would find a spot,cut down just enough trees to build their homes.They didn't overhunt,they didn't alter the landscape,they even didn't live in that same spot for the entire year.But the Rjurik did just move in,not asking if it was cool,and for that they were in the wrong.However the elves probably looked at the Rjurik as just more humans.To elven eyes a human is a human.If they would of stopped and looked,they would of realized the Rjurik were no threat.However the elves were left with a bad-taste in their mouths by the Anuireans and so pushed the Rjurik,who pushed back.The elves pushed harder,the Rjurik pushed back harder,until bloodshed and a viscous war ensued.
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Again I would respectfully disagree that Elves did not follow Gods but I have given reasons under the Book of Days so you can go read them there.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Thread Information