Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Birthright RPGA Network Convention Adventures

Did you know that this year (2020) is Birthright's 25th Anniversary? I figured a bit of celebration was in order. Much like Arjan after he tracked down a mythical long-lost copy of "Of Varsks & Winter Warlocks", I too have a gift for the community in the form of a long-lost Birthright adventure - three of them in fact.

These adventures are little known and until my posts two years ago they did not appear anywhere on this site. In fact, they're not found in many places on the internet at all - even some very clever searching will only yield a few other mentions. I only stumbled across them initially on the excellent collectors guide linked here -
    https://www.enworld.org/threads/birt...-guide.332802/

The three adventures are (and where they were run at) -
    "Blood of Four Kings" (Gencon 1995) by Steve Miller & Dave Gross
    "The Long Road Home" (Birthright Benefit, Winter Fantasy 1996) by Mark Liberman
    "There is a Tide" (Birthright Benefit, Gencon 1996) by Robert Wiese

These adventures are at least as official as "Of Varsks & Winter Warlocks" - all four are TSR commissioned and all have exactly the same language in the front.

"There is a Tide" is set in a Brecht realm (Berhagen) facing a Vos/Orog incursion, "The Long Road Home" is Khinasi (Min Dhousai based) and involves the Magian's influences in the area/Khourane, and "Blood of Four Kings" involves an evil priestess/the White Witch's machinations and regents from Dhoesone, Brechtur, and the Rjurik/Khinasi.

"Blood of Four Kings" was the only one that was available online with some sleuthing (via Scribd) - which was fortuitous, because neither author of that adventure even remembered it really when I reached out to them. Mysterious Scribd uploader - thank you for preserving what would likely be an otherwise lost Birthright adventure. The other two adventures were simply not online at all anywhere.

"There is a Tide" is particularly noteworthy because it officially adds an honest-to-goodness Birthright dragon to the setting (Kejjarranna, male, very old). When I first read it, I was surprised that it was really fleshed out pretty well - the adventure felt like a mini-Player's Secrets of Berhagen and it had a really authentic Birthright feel to it. I talked to the author (Robert Wiese), who indicated that the reason for that adventure feeling like a mini Player's Secrets was that he was working on a Birthright sourcebook for TSR, which was cancelled, and instead he was asked to make the adventure...so he just used some of what he had.

If someone wants to host the files for the adventures please let me know and I'll link to them in here after they're up. Until then, if you would like these adventures to finish your collection, please either contact me by asking in the Birthright Discord lobby (where I'll eventually see it) or pm me your email on here (warning, I don't stop in often and login to check PM's even less often, so expect long delays). Happy 25th Anniversary Birthright fans!
    Last edited by einstein_pi; 08-22-2020 at 03:14 AM.

Happy Anniversary Birthright!

As for the adventures, they seem really interesting to read upon. Would it be ok to upload here on the site?

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Wow- great find! I hope someone will be able to host these as i'd love to check these out.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    As these are event adventures, rather than adventures that were once sold, then we should be fine in uploading them to br.net from a copyright perspective.

Einstein, if you can't upload them to br.net if you email them to me I will share them with the others mods, so that nyone who asks in the future can get them off one of us.

Thank you very much for finding them.

I emailed them to you Andrew. Also, Witness, assuming you're the same Witness who popped in the Discord, I sent them to you there.

Birthright.net hosting - that's up to the powers that be. I would note that the download categories are pretty much all fan material (except the Rich Baker stuff maybe), but otherwise I presume they'd go in the Adventure category.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So... is it up? I don't see anything new under the Downloads section, or have i missed something?

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hi Fizz

I have managed to get 2 of them up, "Blood of Kings" and "There is a Tide"

The Long Road Home isn't uploading, possibly as the file is too large, I will ask one of the clever people t have a go.

Sorry about the delay, RL is getting in the way.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Hi Fizz
    Sorry about the delay, RL is getting in the way.
    No worries- i know how that goes...

I've got the first two- looking good. Thanks! Hopefully you'll be able to figure out the third one without too much trouble.

-Fizz
    Last edited by Fizz; 08-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.

I've got the first two- looking good. Thanks! Hopefully you'll be able to figure out the third one without too much trouble.
    I've uploaded the third one after a OCR->writer->pdf conversion. the original document contained copies of copyrighted material so maybe it wasn't a good idea to upload it here. The new pdf is verbatim, everything is just cut & paste, just a bit fancier with BR fonts.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Excellent - i have them all now. Thanks so much for finding these. Good stuff!

-Fizz

Thread Information