The Shadow Stone novel

Hello All,

I've been a silent member of the comunity for almost 15 years (Between comes and goes), but this is my first post.

I Just read the Shadow Stone novel. It was meant to be the story of High Mage Aelis, but because of the cancelation of Birthright before its release, it was changed to fit Forgotten Realms World, as you all know.

I am just dying of curiosity to know what was changed. How does that story would fit into Cerilia. Thanks to some "mistakes" we have a few clues, as Akanax being Boeruine and Daerioc being an Avan. But what about the rest? When it happened? Is there any interview with Richard Baker where he clarifies it?

Thank you very much

Downloads
    Uploads
    Rich does mention the book in one interview: http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...t=shadow+stone

"My take on the Shadow World was always kind of boring. I know Ed Stark had some different ideas for the Shadow World sourcebooks he was working on. If you want to see exactly what I had in mind, read 'The Shadow Stone', the Forgotten Realms novel I wrote a couple of years ago. Basically, I saw it as a bleak or sere landscape that was simply empty. Not necessarily chock-full of undead or extra-dimensional stuff, just cold and lonely and dead. It's just not a place for the living to spend any time in if they can help it, and your odds of running across something dangerous and deadly are certainly higher in the Shadow World than they would be in the corresponding spot in the real world."

I haven't really found anything else in the interviews we have on the BRwiki that is about the book.

Sorontar

Thread Information