Downloads
    Uploads

Looking for Players

Hi everyone!

I’ve been DMing Birthright campaigns on an off since it was published for ADnD back in 1995.

I started my first campaign in the in-game year 551 MR, and every campaign I moved the timeline further. Every new campaign was “built” on what the PCs accomplished in the previous one, thus the continent of Cerilia and its rulers changed quite a bit during the years.

I didn’t always play with the same Players, people’s life changes with time, some friends moved away, some friends are not interested in RPG anymore, some new friends joined in. I also moved from Italy to Belgium when I was 22, which made it quite difficult playing with the same persons that joined the first campaigns (this was before “online gaming”, yes, I’m that old).

On one side, I can see that it was great when someone would play as the son or daughter of his previous PC, and recalling the adventures of their parents so many years before. On the other, when new players joined, it was wonderful to be able to recount the legends of their ancestors like something they heard for the first time, as they marveled at what they could accomplish themselves.

So I find myself today in a period where my usual players are either already busy with other campaigns, or not interested in playing in the Birthright setting. This is why I turn to you, my fellow Birthright lovers.

I’m looking for 5 brave souls that would be willing to play the next campaign in the epic saga that started 30 years ago (geez…)

The game will be played online, using Discord and Roll20. Ideally I would like to play weekly, on Tuesdays, from 20h00 CET to 23h00 CET.

The ruleset will be D&D 5e. I did my own conversion, it’s quite similar to a lot of conversions you find online. This is the link.

Birthright 5e starter

The current in-game year will be 670 MR. The game will start at level 5, and end at level 9. I think this will take between 10 and 15 sessions.

Usually my campaigns are much longer, and eventually we can prolong this one also. I’m being honest, the main reason I’m planning a “short” campaign is because I don’t really KNOW you. I’m trusting that fellow Birthright lovers will also be the kind of players I like to game with, and the kind of persons I like to engage with, but I simply don’t know yet. So I thought, let’s give it a shot for a couple of months, and see how it goes.

The campaign will be set in Ariya, because that’s where the last one stopped, but I’m open to discuss a different starting point if this is not to anyone’s liking.

If you need some “references” from me, you can visit this link.

My RPG Campaigns

Since the year 2000-something I’m keeping blogs of all my campaigns, and recently I’m also streaming some games. Maybe 5 minutes of watching me DMing is worth more of 1,000 words ☺

Allright, I think that’s it, if you have any questions I will try to answer in the shortest possible time.

I love this concept and wish I had the time and attention span to play. I wish you luck and will be keeping an eye on your blog and Twitch!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for sharing your 5ed Birthright homerules. I have added the link to the list on the wiki page - http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...nversion_draft

I am curious about Guilders though. How do you handle guildmasters?

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Thanks for sharing your 5ed Birthright homerules. I have added the link to the list on the wiki page - http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...nversion_draft

I am curious about Guilders though. How do you handle guildmasters?

Sorontar
    Sorry, just noticed this. The main idea behind this conversion is to keep it as simple as possible. It’s based more on reskinning than adding more rules.

So I don’t have specific rules for Guilders. I suppose any Rogue would do. 😁

Still Looking?

Are you still looking?

Are you still looking?

New to this forum but i am eager to have the chance to play this module of D&D.
    So if you have space for more players i will be happy to join.

Thread Information