Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Downloads
    Uploads
    to figure out what happened i think you have to look at the status of what and how is Aduria now.
    If you take a look at recent world events and the migration of people from a country, most actual venezuela, is because of corruption, inflation, lack of food etc that people are looking for other alternatives. BUT that is only a partial flight. not a whole country.

if you look at some of the lost civilizations you will now find them in desert like areas, sumeria, egypt, peru, mexico even and all of those at one point were fertile areas.
    Since wood was a main product to build and cook and the civilization increased the need for wood upped as well. in some places there wasnt a single tree left in a radius for 100 km or more.. so eventually people simple left because it became impossible to live.

in that time people also started with the offering in hope the gods would bring them food or whatever prosperous live again.

(now its hard to believe because in some places the trees grew back, but that took a couple of hundreds years..)

So if i take this information to aduria and what would have happened i would suggest a similar event as described above.
    according the timeline http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...ine_of_Cerilia
    the khinasii started counting MA since the flight from the shadow. that is to the current date more then 2000 years.
    I would treat it as a combination of lack of fossil fuel, climate change (failing harvests) and people turned more to religion because of all the problems.
    since there was a pantheon of different gods people chose to follow different ones of course. since there was no fossil fuel, food or whatever people turned more to criminality and so praying more to Azrai (and thus corrupting leaders etc etc).
    followers of azrai, or simply said, the criminals would wait and attack from the shadows and with the increasing violence and criminality eventually the people decided to flight from the shadow.

so at the end there was no one left to steal from so what do you do? you follow them and that is where it ends with the battle of mount deismaar.

- dont forget people make stories bigger then they really are..so what could have been a "simple cause", after generations it may have became a mythic story of gods and shadows (like the mythical stories we got now as well..)

this being said, how is Aduria now 2000 years later? could a similar migration have taken place from another continent to aduria? how deserted are the former clan origins? but thats another story or thread
    Last edited by Arjan; 06-07-2019 at 02:55 AM.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Or maybe Azrai slowly broke down the walls to the Shadow World, slowly consuming regions with undead and shadow horrors. Or better yet, maybe he caused the Seeming to leak into Aduria, changing reality as he saw fit. That would certainly cause myself to up and emigrate... heh.
    -Fizz
    i thought about that as well, the opening of the veil letting all terror out and eventually the whole of Aduria was swallowed by the shadow. and the rifts were closed with the "Death" of azrai and the sacrifice of the old gods. azrai being "banished" to the shadowworld (hence the cold rider) and is looking for a way to come back..
    but that would mean Aduria is filled with shadowworld beings there got stuck there when the rifts were closed
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't read anything about the shadow world recently. Perhaps my memory and imagination over the years have changed things. I was under the impression that before Deismaar there was no shadow world only the faerie world. It was the home of the halflings and elves had some ties to it maybe something to do with the higher magic and how time works in their realms as well as their undying nature. I like to think that it is either something they are guarding, or is coveted by some powers elsewhere. This is the motivation of the higher category of beings in my outlook to corrupt Azrai to drive the humans to the elven lands to weaken them and the hold on Cerilia. It is how I explain how history happened in a sort of secret knowledge chronicle.

So the event of Deismaar is what shattered the faerie world and opened a rift or something when the local deities were destroyed. Which is precisely what the corrupting powers wanted to happen to gain a foothold in Cerilia. Thus the faerie world became the shadow world. The source of the shadow is elsewhere and not native to the world. It is an invasion on a cosmic level like some elder of the Lovecraftian mythos farted or something and the corruption of two worlds is the result. I use that wording to try to illustrate the level of a power involved showing a scale beyond even imperial unification a grand goal of many players. But all that is meaningless to the PCs I suppose.

The point for me is that Azrai was a key to unlock this world through his pride and pursuit of knowledge as he was easily manipulated. I add a bit more to his ethos and those of his followers by giving him some secrets that he discovered that are motivations for the things they do as heroes in their own view. But that is neither here nor there. So, to me it is the secrets he found that are the key to undo much of the damage. Like maybe a shadow of his early self is somewhere out there that works fix some things, maybe bit by bit. I mean I view him as a complicated being for sure, so bits of him are everywhere. Perhaps the corrupted are trying to do something similar but to the opposite end. But, maybe that is just too much focus on Azrai.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Thread Information