Anduiras and lack of Travel bloodability

I was always bugged that Anduiras scions can't have the travel bloodability. Probably its because the Anduiras scions have exclusive access to some very powerful abilities, but last night I had an idea.

Travel, Anduiras
    You can travel from one battlefield to another. If the character is amidst a battle in progress, or walking through a very recent battlefield, he can think of a desired destination and the blood ability will instantly transport him to the nearest site to that destination that there is a battle in progress or a very recent battlefield. Should the battlefield the character starts on be the closest to his destination, he ends up in the edges of the same battlefield, that are closest to his destination.

Thoughts?

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakraal View Post
    I was always bugged that Anduiras scions can't have the travel bloodability. Probably its because the Anduiras scions have exclusive access to some very powerful abilities, but last night I had an idea.

Travel, Anduiras
    You can travel from one battlefield to another. If the character is amidst a battle in progress, or walking through a very recent battlefield, he can think of a desired destination and the blood ability will instantly transport him to the nearest site to that destination that there is a battle in progress or a very recent battlefield. Should the battlefield the character starts on be the closest to his destination, he ends up in the edges of the same battlefield, that are closest to his destination.

Thoughts?
    I'm the opposite, i always felt like that was one Anduiras scions didn't need.

That being said, if you think he needs it, then i think your ability is quite reasonable. It doesn't seem overpowered and is in line with the other bloodlines.

But i do find it a bit vague. What defines a "battlefield"? How many people would need to be involved? What about skirmishes, etc?

My other worry is that it could be used in a cowardly way- if the scion is in trouble (surrounded by foes) he could teleport away, if only to the edge of the same battle. That doesn't feel very Anduiras-like to me.

Now, why would Anduiras travel from one battle to another? To command multiple armies? But he is limited in usage, so he'd essentially be abandoning one for the other. So perhaps the ability should only take him to a battle, but he can't use it to leave a battle, even for another. Just a thought.

-Fizz

What constitutes a battlefield or a recent would be at the DM's discretion.
    I would define as a battlefield any fight involving 400+ men (thus 2 war cards) or any fight that might result in the province changing hands.
    A recent battlefield could be a fight that is generally over but lets say rigor mortis hasn't yet settled in the dead. Alternatively something in the lines of "until next dusk".

Anduiras might need this ability in order to affect battles between great distances within the same approximate timeframe. Eg Anduiras intervened in a battle in the South Coast and is now walking among the dead when a warlord calls for his intervention jus

Point for possible "teleporting out of a lost battle" abuse. This could be something that would make such an ability not in line with Anduira's portfolio.

Thread Information