Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I allow my players to play few sessions and play the way they like, after at least 3 sessions then i announce to them my decision based on HOW THEY played their characters, that they tend to the correspondign alignment (we discuss it if they are arguing about it, but unless they want to change it and try a particular alignment, they end up playing the X alignment based on their actual behaviour). So my players were near the point of attitude of "i will not torture you, if you behave and talk....ok i tried at least twice, now i can start taking off your nails and let's see for how long you can keep it a secret.."
    So they have succeptible more to the dark side than the bright. So if they face a scion of Azrai, i am afraid that their true selves will surface and will give in to the corruption of Azrai. I was wondering if i could avoid them turning into Awnsheghlien's, and thank you for the ideas.

Also question from one of my players :
    "if i plan an assassination of a regent my self, and execute it personally, will i still need to roll the action as Action Round when i am a regent? Or can i just Role play it ?
    Here the main question was , that as they advance on levels, most npc's in birthright are low to mid level. And if they could achieve anything.
    I responded at that time that when you are a regent the actions you roll per round, and the regency points/gold bars you spend in order to improve or counter a move translates as : you buy more guards/mercenaries, you hire a wizard or a diviner, to help him resist his assassination attempt, he has a wizard protecting him at public occassions ,while he/she is invisible. Thus as long as he spent the resources he has a chance to avoid his death. (In that example).
    What would you say?

Thanks alot for your responses. They are very helpful.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Quickben1 View Post
    So they have succeptible more to the dark side than the bright. So if they face a scion of Azrai, i am afraid that their true selves will surface and will give in to the corruption of Azrai. I was wondering if i could avoid them turning into Awnsheghlien's, and thank you for the ideas.
    One method is to make it a step-by-step process, so as the PC embraces darkness they could find some of their bloodline powers stop working, or change to a power of Azrai, they could find that travel in the shadow world become smuch darker and reflective of their spirit, etc acting as a warning of the path to darkness that they are walking on. Other issues further down the path could be involuntary actions or minor physical changes.

Also question from one of my players :
    "if i plan an assassination of a regent my self, and execute it personally, will i still need to roll the action as Action Round when i am a regent? Or can i just Role play it ?
    This is an action called 'adventure' I would always say that role-play can enhance the chance of an action succeeding, indeed in some regions such as vosgaard direct regent intervention is almost a must.

Here the main question was , that as they advance on levels, most npc's in birthright are low to mid level. And if they could achieve anything.
    I responded at that time that when you are a regent the actions you roll per round, and the regency points/gold bars you spend in order to improve or counter a move translates as : you buy more guards/mercenaries, you hire a wizard or a diviner, to help him resist his assassination attempt, he has a wizard protecting him at public occassions ,while he/she is invisible. Thus as long as he spent the resources he has a chance to avoid his death. (In that example).
    What would you say?

Thanks alot for your responses. They are very helpful.
    I would say that first the players should remember that although the ruler may be low to mid-level, their minions may not - regents generally don't adventure. Secondly many low level characters directly intelligently can make a fair stand against even high level opponents. The game system does not however tend to be gentle in this regard, and high level characters can make mincemeat of hundreds of opponents if the opponents aren't smart about how they fight.

I would agree that spending gold bars and regency should be reflected in all sorts of in-game benefits to actions, from heavy use of divination magics to predict attack methods and use of hired mercenaries to spy networks watching for strangers so that the PCs are surrounded by foes at every step.

You could also take a 'karma' approach to regency, of saying that the more the regent spends regency the more luck will favour them - in birthright regents are 'favoured by the gods' to a very real extent. This aspect of BR was noted in the birthright conspectus, but less was made of it in the actual books.

Thread Information