Downloads
    Uploads

Big Changes in The Siren's Realm

I still have to do some clean up, but there was basically nothing on this page. I started to do this once before but only got the picture up before I got pulled away.

I did take a bit of artistic license when it came to land make-up and village professions because there was just enough info to get general ideas. Couple that with knowledge of the kinds of people there, the history, their neighbors and their history the stories kind of emerge on their own on what a town would be doing in X location.

Anyway, like I said, still some clean up and some addons. Need to get some landmarks in and a two or three sentence description of the major towns (that are actually covered). Still need to put in a bit on the history with the Halskapans and need to add something about the giants and pirates (both of which the books only mention in passing somewhere else... ugh). Also need to fill out the infobox on the page. But in the meantime, take a look and see if it is up to snuff.
    --Give me ambiguity or give me something else!--

Downloads
    Uploads
    I decided to go back and delete all the conjecture I made in the wiki post. The thinking was everyone should make up their own stuff for the white space provided and I'd just list what was canon.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgreyden View Post
    I decided to go back and delete all the conjecture I made in the wiki post. The thinking was everyone should make up their own stuff for the white space provided and I'd just list what was canon.
    People can get canon from the books, the whole point of the wiki is to let people strut their stuff and spark ideas. 'Vanilla' extrapolation should go in as is, maybe with a minor note. More exotic stuff should go in with a 'fanfic' banner or on your own page.

Take a look at Dhoesone where I wrote an entire players secrets and posted it up...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    Take a look at Dhoesone where I wrote an entire players secrets and posted it up...
    Or look at Valkheim, where I took a combination of the map, the history of the tribes and the holding levels and expanded it. It has a canon basis but I tried to put depth and history on it so it has a reason for the canon information.

Now, I didn't identify what was canon and what wasn't but my point is that it doesn't disagree with what is canon, it works with it. I see nothing wrong if you have done likewise for the Siren's Realm. As Andrew said, this is why we made this a wiki.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Might go back and put that stuff back in then. It wasn't anything too major, just some extrapolation on what the cities were doing and why they were there for the most part.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like exactly the sort of thing that we want on the wiki

Thread Information