Downloads
    Uploads

Need Gorgon's alliances help

I downloaded a version that stated it was a free version. Seems the licience has open up. I cant however seem to get it to work under windows XP home edition service pack 2. I'm getting a failure with the setup program that tests my system. Its crashing when it tries to confirm I'm using windows NT. I have tried to use the combatability options under properties, using windows nt and windows 95.

Does anyone know what trick you can do to get this game to run on windows xp?

Downloads
    Uploads

Br:tga

Where'd you find that? AFAIK Sierra games never make it into free distribution. In any case, I've had that same problem with the "windows 95" version installer both on win me and xp sp1; the trick is doing a custom install (answer "no" when it asks you if it can do al necessary tests) and NOT doing the processor test. It should install and run flawlessly, although I do recommend the 1.4 patch...

Downloads
    Uploads
    I got it from ZDNet.

I have installed the game and it doesnt work. it says...palette not found: graphics\default.col

I beleive that its not installing correctly because the setup isnt working correctly.

Downloads
    Uploads
    i recently installed the game again under windowsXP sp2 without any troubles.

try running the setup as a w95 program with 256colors

A.
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

DOS-Box, the DOS emulator will work around the WinXP problem and allow you to play all old games that were not coded for XP. It takes a little while to get used to but really does work like a dream.

ZDNet descriptions are crap,they regularly list demos as free games or full versions,when they are just demos.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I had the exact same problem you're having. I just opted not to do a system check and it installed without any further problems. I had to use that win95 compatibility mode thingy though.
    BVH

Thread Information