Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade Routes

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgreyden View Post
    A new one is, does the Law Holder LIKE the players? Is he trying to suppress the trade routes to bankrupt/disrupt them?
    In my case the Ruler was also the Guilder, so they held both the Law holdings as well as the Guild holdings, and even if taxes were taken it would've gone back to them. The ruler was also to sole owner of Law and Guilds in that province. That was my original issue with the situation. I had no way as a DM to hinder the trade routes other than bandits, competitors trying to move in, and so on. and doing that every turn would get real old.

I like some of the options above, as I've said, but the book keeping gets out of control when you have to keep track of total provinces in route, regions, regents, cultures, etc.. . You would need a whole new spreadsheet just for that!

The game has ended, but thanks for all the advice!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rond0017 View Post
    I like some of the options above, as I've said, but the book keeping gets out of control when you have to keep track of total provinces in route, regions, regents, cultures, etc.. . You would need a whole new spreadsheet just for that!
    In our group we have fairly lengthy play sessions often ending with the spending with a domain turn. My fellow players referred to this time as "Bookkeeping: The Game". However, after a couple of house rules to normalize how the system works (most notably the Law holding" and deciding we would effectively only open trade routes with provinces under our empire, it was fairly easy to work the spreadsheet up. If you'd like to see it sometime, I could send you a copy so you can see how I did it.
    --Give me ambiguity or give me something else!--

Thread Information