Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Nevermind.

Okay wait.Before i ask the original question i want to clarify.......do ALL character classes gain feats every x level,or is it limited to the bonus feats in the character tables for fighters,wizards,nobles and magicians?
    Last edited by Question; 12-18-2005 at 06:41 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads

yes

All characters gets one feat at his/her first character level and another one on his third and every tree level afterwards. And no there is no limit on which feats you are allowed to pick (you still need to have all the prerequisites tho)

Question I was wondering... what books have you paid for at all? you are not going to buy a the second edition book because it is only "flavour" and you have not bought the 3rd or 3.5 edition books?

Almost all the questions you have asked regarding the 3rd edition system can be read directly from the 3 core books...

I havent paid for any of the books.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Question, the purpose of these message boards is not to spoon feed you pablum every time you have a question. If you do not want to take the responsibility of buying the source material, or even the core rulebooks, I do not see why you feel that you are 'entitled' to the information.

I (and likely 98% of the people here) have far better and more important things to do than to type out the entire core rulebooks for your edification. Kindly buy the core rulebooks and figure things out on your own.
    "It may be better to be a live jackal than a dead lion, but it is better still to be a live lion -- and usually easier."

- R. A. Heinlien, from The Collected works of Lazarus Long

Downloads
    Uploads
    The Rules
    Don't really need to buy them when you can just look at them online for free legally.
    I rock. Deal.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Here is the link to the SRD which contains almost all of the rules needed to play 3.5. This is the OGL material that anyone can use for free. Thngs missing are any reference to a "named" character or monster, which are part of product lines, color material and methods of generating ability scores. But most everything else is included.

The link is also included in the pinned FAQ section at the top of this one.

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35
    Duane Eggert

I know what the SRD is but i couldnt find anything about 1 feat every 3 levels.

Oh btw...im not buying the books because :

-Its not convenient to do so

-Im not shelling out my money so i can clarify certain rules for PBEMs

Downloads
    Uploads
    You should be glad they give you THAT MUCH for free. If you like the game, buy the books and support the company. If you don't like the game, don't ask all the details they left out of the SRD (on purpose). (Which by the way, you risk causing Wizards to re-evaluate giving the development of Birthright, as well as the other worlds, from the fans when you keep asking them to break copyright law.)
    Last edited by bluntaxe; 12-19-2005 at 04:05 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Not supporting the authoring company is one of the reasons that TSR went belly up. That and poor management via over expansion.

If people don't support them then the product lines will disappear.

Once TSR went to WotC the focus became to make money and that is what they have been doing. With the advent of pdf documents it has become all to easy to "steal" this material and thus eliminate sales and force the company to cut out expenses, like staff and product lines.

Whenever I joined any PBEM or play-by-post games I had to submit something to the DM giving reasons why he/she should "allow" me into the game.

If someone doesn't understand (and doesn't make an attempt to get understanding) the inherent basics of the game this makes for a very poor gaming experience for all of those involved.

PBEM and play-by-post games involve a tremendous amount of time commitment for players and even more for the DM. To detract and not give those committed the respect they deserve is really sad IMO.

At a table top game is where people share things on how the basics are run. Sometimes a DM (for a PBEM/play-by-post) may help a novice player out some but the player must let the DM know how much he understands aboout the game and the basic mechanics.

Based on the original thread subject - we can only include what is the SRD in the BRCS. We can include anything from the 2nd ed BR material, becasue we were given that authority, but we can't use core rules that aren't in the SRD. That is the legal answer and we must stick to it.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    My apologies if this has already been mentioned, but all of the Birthright material is available, I think, for very cheap prices here http://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?cPath=_294_305.

The .pdf quality is not as high as I would like but still very useable.

I myself have not picked up any of the new D&D core books. Though I actually read it more for the fluff than actually playing anymore.
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Launcelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Thread Information