Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright using Godbound Rules

I've been running over changes and systems in my head for a while now and I really think Birthright can click into the new Godbound system without a lot of work. Over the next few weeks I'll be digging in to the mess of it and writing down some thoughts on the conversion. What has me really excited is the thought of using the faction system to handle regency instead of the domain system.

If anyone is curious, the Godbound book is free in PDF format on Drive-thru RPG, but the deluxe version ($20) offers 50 more pages of examples, NPC creation, and tech-creations... all of which is helpful, none of which is necessary.

Anyway, I look forward to sharing some thoughts with you guys.

Disclosure: Godbound is an OSR sandbox game that is less number crunchy and more free flowing. It talks and plays in generalities. For the sake of the birthright system, I will have to modify quite heavily the mass combat rules, but I expect it not to be difficult. It's author, Kevin Crawford, is well respected in the field and is responsible for Sine Nomine Publishing. Though not officially stated, this system was created to compete with and usurp the recent Exalted 3rd ed while allowing for enough room to fall into most RPG's. I am a fan.
    --Give me ambiguity or give me something else!--

Downloads
    Uploads
    Sounds interesting. I downloaded the rules, but I don't know when I'll have time to really read through them.

I've thought for a long time of playing up the divine bloodline even more. Ravenloft Lords of the Land have more power over their domains, and Sorcerer Kings of Athas (Dark Sun) can grant powers to templars. And now in 5e, legendary creatures affect the world around them. I figured those influences could add a lot to the divine bloodline and connection with the land.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I only have a passing understanding of 5e. 4e completely turned me off of D&D and while 5e looks a bit better, the system feels too far gone. I've run into a bit of a snag with Godbound's Dominon vs Birthright Regency translation. Still working on it a bit and hopefully have something soon. What I do have has been shared with my gaming group to see what and how they would change the limited amount I have written right now.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ok, here is some of the basics. I have a few other things slated to work on but feed back is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1dE...DKryXyGScbhzmk

Thread Information