Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads

The Arms of Roesone

In a message dated 12/12/05 11:22:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< ausrick wrote:
    Thanks Lee, you are correct, Ivory, and they were I think Colt .45
    peacemakers, and he primarily wore them when he was addressing his common soldiers, but
    not around the officers? >>

I`d have to go look it up, but IIRC, one of them was .45, the other .38,
    the standard general officers` sidearm.

<< Keen doesnt` stack with the improved critical feat? >>

Nope, you can only get one critical threat range doubling, it seems.
    Like someone else, I point you to another Critical feat, which grants a +4 to the
    confirm roll. There are other Crit-related feats, too, like the one that
    forces a Fort save following a crit, or be stunned.
    I`ve been following this, since one of the PCs in my group seems to
    critical with her rapier nearly every game session-- she once rolled three 20s in
    the same fight, and confirmed two of them. I think we`re gonna call her
    "Heartseeker" or something like that. I need to be careful tossing any more scions
    or awnshegh in their path, she`s gonna bloodtheft somebody that way. The
    funny thing is that she can`t hit with a bow at all, just the rapier. The dice
    roll in mysterious ways....

Lee.

See, that is the problem that happened with the upgrade was that everyone was so lazy when it came to making up answers for those problems. Case in point...

Criticals are a show of how well someone is with a certain weapon. It is only logical to have someone who has spent their entire life from the cradle to adventurer with a sword/axe/whatever in their hands. It gives everyone that sense of security that there is almost nothing that can stop this person when they have the weapon in their hands

What do you do? You take the weapon out of their hands. You sunder it mercilessly and leave the fighter agape as to what to do. If they hyper focus on something and it gets taken away, that is where the REAL roleplaying begins. I still believe in letting the player do whatever they want, but I will always have a better answer than what they can think of.

What else do you do? You send things that can't get critical hits applied to it. Undead. Lots of them. Let them know that they will have to work extra hard to go against something out there that they can't kill in one swipe/poke/crush.

People say "Don't mix and match because it is dangerous", I say go for it. I say make your knight the most awesome and renown knight it can be, but you have someone out there who is your rival and will dismantle you in a heartbeat.

Trust me, I have been in many campaigns where this happens and I have run a few myself that have had this happen and everyone came out satisfied... I know what I am doing

Downloads
    Uploads
    Yeah, The trick I always here is to take the player out of their element often enough to promote thought, suspense, and roleplaying, and dispell the notion of invulnerability, but not so much that they can't use their abilities that they worked so hard for and become frustrated.

In my campaign I have two players that are playing sorcerers, they both have the shield spell. One of them, he is using the 3.0 players handbook, but the other one, she is using the 3.5 version. That spell is almost totally changed. And these are the things I don't catch because of how seemlessly they printed between them. It's nothing gamebreaking that can't be solved, but it has made me suprised on more than one occassion.

Way to twink that rogue Irdeggman! **Claps hands**, I had a player follow in that vein for a super-crit'ing rogue, and he was going to add the weapons master prestige class from the Oriental adventures book. I knew how mean it was going to be but the trade off was that he wouldn't be that unbalanced until really high levels and he was going to be rather weak up until then (atleast the way the player was trying to build him).

A word of warning though, potential powergamers should realize before trying to wreak havoc on your gamemaster's world, is that birthright lends itself as a campaign where a lot of your potential opponents can be hand crafted NPC's, and GM's are notorious for reading gaming books.
    Speaking of changes between 3.0 and 3.5, has anybody seen the difference between the "True Necromancer" class as printed in the "Tome and Blood" compared to the "reprint" in the "Libris Mortis"??? Onion's Mushroom's Greenpeppers I have not seen a prestigeclass in a HardBacked Wizards of the Coast book be so droolingly over-powered. I mean, I'm sure they are out there, but compared to things like Assassins or Dwarven Defenders, my goodness. Since its not SRD I won't post it, but basically, for 3 levels of Arcane and 3 divine, you can get into a class where for each level you gain, you gain a caster level/spell progression in BOTH And d6 hp, And get the ability to cast Create (not animate) undead so many times per day, and for figuring out your casting level of necromancy spells you get all kinds of bonuses or stacking. In the Tome and Blood, you had to be level 5/5, and you had to choose one OR the other when you went up a level.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Quote Originally Posted by ausrick
    Speaking of changes between 3.0 and 3.5, has anybody seen the difference between the "True Necromancer" class as printed in the "Tome and Blood" compared to the "reprint" in the "Libris Mortis"??? Onion's Mushroom's Greenpeppers I have not seen a prestigeclass in a HardBacked Wizards of the Coast book be so droolingly over-powered. I mean, I'm sure they are out there, but compared to things like Assassins or Dwarven Defenders, my goodness. Since its not SRD I won't post it, but basically, for 3 levels of Arcane and 3 divine, you can get into a class where for each level you gain, you gain a caster level/spell progression in BOTH And d6 hp, And get the ability to cast Create (not animate) undead so many times per day, and for figuring out your casting level of necromancy spells you get all kinds of bonuses or stacking. In the Tome and Blood, you had to be level 5/5, and you had to choose one OR the other when you went up a level.
    Apparently ou haven't seen the Heroes of Horror with its own "True Necromancer"... Don't think that it is called that persay, but it is in the same vein and ends up with the (N)PC as a lich by 10th level...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Nope, I don't have that book, but It sounds like one I might want to look into. A lot of my adventures incorporate different horror themes.
    Regards,
    Ausrick

Quote Originally Posted by ausrick
    Nope, I don't have that book, but It sounds like one I might want to look into. A lot of my adventures incorporate different horror themes.
    Best WotC book of 2005, I can tell you that much right now. I took a chance on buying it and it paid off 10 fold... That and people can't stand being "tainted" and slowly turning evil... It is awesome!

Downloads
    Uploads

FYI concerning Patton's sidearms

FYI, General Patton's sidearms were identical Colt .45 caliber revolver with ivory grips. Patton, God love him, had self image issues and wore these among other cavalry gear to basically show off what a fine leader of soldiers he was. Great commander though. [

QUOTE=Lee]In a message dated 12/12/05 11:22:58 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< ausrick wrote:
    Thanks Lee, you are correct, Ivory, and they were I think Colt .45
    peacemakers, and he primarily wore them when he was addressing his common soldiers, but
    not around the officers? >>

I`d have to go look it up, but IIRC, one of them was .45, the other .38,
    the standard general officers` sidearm.

<< Keen doesnt` stack with the improved critical feat? >>

Nope, you can only get one critical threat range doubling, it seems.
    Like someone else, I point you to another Critical feat, which grants a +4 to the
    confirm roll. There are other Crit-related feats, too, like the one that
    forces a Fort save following a crit, or be stunned.
    I`ve been following this, since one of the PCs in my group seems to
    critical with her rapier nearly every game session-- she once rolled three 20s in
    the same fight, and confirmed two of them. I think we`re gonna call her
    "Heartseeker" or something like that. I need to be careful tossing any more scions
    or awnshegh in their path, she`s gonna bloodtheft somebody that way. The
    funny thing is that she can`t hit with a bow at all, just the rapier. The dice
    roll in mysterious ways....

Lee.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information