Downloads
    Uploads

Big changes in Halskapa

Hey guys

I added a whole lot of info to the Halskapa page over the last few days. Anyone want to take a look and give some pointers if you have any on what was done wrong or right? What to include or exclude or advice in general.

Downloads
    Uploads
    It looks good, the only pointers are:

1. Don't copy BR published material too closely, it breaches their copyright.
    2. If you change core content, flag it as 'fanfic' with a fanfic banner.
    3. Put major pieces on separate pages.

I did a lot on Dhoesone and Danigau a while back, so you can look at those as examples.

Be warned, Doesone goes on a bit ;-)

Thanks

Andy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks Andrew.

Can you point out where you think I copied the content too closely so I can get an idea. I tried really hard to change it around enough to not be a copy. Also, the only thing I think I made up was the alignment of the jarls as I couldn't find any mention of their alignments in any books. Could you point those out to me and also how to flag something as fanfic should it come up in the future? &&Edit: Turns out I also fudged with their classes to bring them more into line with pathfinder/3.5. This I was also planning on marking somehow when I did the character writeups&& What major pieces (other than maybe Skapa Hjarring and Odenmark which are planned for the future) do you feel I should have been more general about and created separate pages?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by nickgreyden; 01-03-2016 at 08:49 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by nickgreyden View Post
    Thanks Andrew.

Can you point out where you think I copied the content too closely so I can get an idea. I tried really hard to change it around enough to not be a copy. Also, the only thing I think I made up was the alignment of the jarls as I couldn't find any mention of their alignments in any books. Could you point those out to me and also how to flag something as fanfic should it come up in the future? &&Edit: Turns out I also fudged with their classes to bring them more into line with pathfinder/3.5. This I was also planning on marking somehow when I did the character writeups&& What major pieces (other than maybe Skapa Hjarring and Odenmark which are planned for the future) do you feel I should have been more general about and created separate pages?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Hi Nick, my first point was more generic, I didn't check you to source.

Banners can be added either by copying them off another page (a few of my pages have fanfic banners I think) or by using the banner command - the wiki 101 gives a guide to the basic wiki tools, let me know if you have trouble finding it.

I generally try not to d more than 2-3 para's on an area or person in a 'main page', I drop those into a sub-page - lots of examples in Dhoesone where I went a little crazy and wrote >120 pages.

And thank you for the addition!

Thread Information