Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello all!

I'm new o the boards, and here's my story (bear with me, I like telling things ab ovo, that is, I'm afraid that "short, concise, and to the point" is something I don't really know how to do well )

I started plaing back in '94 or '95. At first, we played in a homebrew setting, then switched over to FR (at that poing, GH was already out of print). We tried DragonLance (because of the novels), and with the advent of 3(.5) went back to FR. I never grew to like the setting, but most of my fellow gamers either liked it or were neutral. It had the benfit of being htemost developed and most detailed official setting.

I've heard of BR, of course, but never really got into the setting (I was busy collecting PlaneScape stuff, which, although never used in actual play, facinated me, and still do).

At first, with the arrival of 3(.5)e, it felt as if the good old days of D&D were coming back (I was quite fed up with all the Complete Books and optional rules, and appendices, and being required to own at least five other books to make good use of an accessory, and... etc.). While the new system played excellent in some areas (No more THAC0! No +3 penalties and -3 bonuses! Yay!), it "let me down" in others (magic item market, the ease of creating magic items).

Then I heard stories of Birthright. A coouple of free downloads from the WotC site (primarily for the Rich Baker's novel The Falcon and the Wolf), and I was in. I tracked down 2e BR campaign setting, and a few other accessories, and now I got the 3.5 conversion manual, and I'm set. I just might try DMing again, after quite awhile. I still need to get a firm grasp on the rules, thought, before I try it. But, I'm looking forward to it

Regards!

I played in a BR campaign for some time, I was 50/50 on the whole idea. Then I came here and got the rules...It gave me so many ideas......
    Dread Lord Dhangus Khan, Archmage & Lord of the Realm of Madness

Downloads
    Uploads

There and Back again... or something like that

I've been playing since 84 and bought the BR campaign setting (some how picked up a second and third somewhere down the line... also have the PDF) since it came out... Would you believe I have NEVER played BR??
    Nobody in my group were willing to DM it except once... ONCE !!! and he gave up..
    I've been a member since the original fansite. I've been back and forth with posting and lurking... I did some CC2 maps but family commitments (or being committed, i'm not really sure) got in the way.
    I even wanted to contribute the 3.5 but again, I was committed (*ahem* to my family) and didn't get far with that...
    I discovered a free map program just a short week ago called rpmaps (www.rptools.com) that runs with java. You can have everyone show up on a server and it has a fog of war and all that.
    Anyways, the thought of having large scale battles on with the rpmap application reminded me i had not been on birthright.net for a while...
    and here i am.

Downloads
    Uploads

Pozdrav Perunu

Pozdrav komsija : )

Zelim samo da pozdravi peruna i da mu kazem da mi je drago da jos neko iz kosiluka osim nas 6-storo igra Br! Ko zna mozda je ovo pocetak S-H Br udruzenja : )

Pozdrav
    Vosgaard's Veliki hrast.

Hi everybody!
    My name is Sotiris [wow, I realised now that I should change my nickname for something more epic] and I come from Greece, though for the last semester I've been staying in Berlin as exchange student. I have read BR books again and again and though I have this great ideas I hadn't the chance to sit down and play, but hope to do so when I return to Greece in a few weeks. Looking for material [unfortunately most of the .pdfs are in Greece] I passed your site and signed in, thinking it was the only way to access the material. I admit I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of the stuff in this site and, though I won't be especially active, I'd like to contribute as much my limited programming knowledge and BR experience allow me.

until then

Downloads
    Uploads
    For my part, I'm a BR player from way back, and I've kept BR.net on at least occasional view status for a long time, but I've decided to register and begin posting now because I'm currently recollecting BR material in preparation for converting BR to the True20 system in order to run my current group through it. Since True20's magic system is so different, I thought kicking some ideas around with true veterans and experts of the BR setting would be a very good idea. So far, I have hammered out what I think will be the powers (True20 spells) associated with the various deities in order to model divine magic, next I am tackling Low and True magic, then blood powers, then realm magic. I'm not sure yet, but I think the realm rules and war rules might be usable mostly as-is. After that, it's on to converting NPCs and Critters, which is gonna be so much easier to convert from ya'all's work than to have to start at 2ed, to 3rd, to True20.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by sotiris
    Hi everybody!
    My name is Sotiris [wow, I realised now that I should change my nickname for something more epic] and I come from Greece, though for the last semester I've been staying in Berlin as exchange student. I have read BR books again and again and though I have this great ideas I hadn't the chance to sit down and play, but hope to do so when I return to Greece in a few weeks. Looking for material [unfortunately most of the .pdfs are in Greece] I passed your site and signed in, thinking it was the only way to access the material. I admit I was pleasantly surprised with a lot of the stuff in this site and, though I won't be especially active, I'd like to contribute as much my limited programming knowledge and BR experience allow me.

until then
    Wow, a compatriot!

I have honestly started studying RPGs from the Greek edition (I think it is much like New Scientist) of the computer magazine Pixel, back in the 90s, where the back leaves had advertisements and reviews for Magic: the Gathering and TSR-published sourcebooks, like the greatly enticing VanRichten's Guides or the various Dark Sun and Planescape sourcebooks. A shame how Kaissa, a game line here in Greece, didn't support Birthright properly, but I found out about it on my own and have purchased a couple of things for the setting.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by hazard
    Pozdrav komsija : )

Zelim samo da pozdravi peruna i da mu kazem da mi je drago da jos neko iz kosiluka osim nas 6-storo igra Br! Ko zna mozda je ovo pocetak S-H Br udruzenja : )

Pozdrav
    Pozdrav!

Daleko smo mi jos od igranja BR-a Kako je nas regularni DM morao (privremeno, nadamo se) odustati od D&D-a (posao i slicne stvari), duznost je preuzeo clan druzine, uz ideju da cemo se mijenjati (jer nam je svima draze igrati, nego voditi ). Pa ja, eto, gledam BR i svidja mi se ono sto vidim. Ali jos cemo vidjeti, jer i GH i Eberron ulaze u uzi izbor.

Translation: We're still somewhat far from actually playing BR Our regular DM has had to (temporarily, we hope) leave D&D, due to his job and other real-life things, and anothe rmember of the group took the duty upon himself. We sort of agreed we'd switch DM-ing (we all prefer playing to DM-ing). I'm in process of checking out various settings, and from what I've read, I like BR, but I'm fond of GH and Eberron as well. But I still have some time to decide.

I've loved the idea of playing Birthright for years but it's never worked out.
    So I've started running a campaign with a bunch of elves (the PC's) who are out to get rid of the humans. "Must kill all humans"

It such a cool setting

Thread Information