Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I found BR.net back in 2003 or so, but got into collecting Dragonlance instead since the books and boxes were easier to get (and I had just finished reading the chronicles). In the last few years my group of normal players has dwindled to just 2 regulars and a few people who play from time to time. So I went about looking for a campaign that could be played with just about any number of players (small or large). I remembered this site and came back to check it out in more detail.

You guys have done some great work with the BRCS documents and I definitly am going to start planning a campaign. Not sure yet if I want to make it a public campaign or private. Don't think i'm familiar enough with the setting yet to do a big public game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakkan
    You guys have done some great work with the BRCS documents and I definitly am going to start planning a campaign. Not sure yet if I want to make it a public campaign or private. Don't think i'm familiar enough with the setting yet to do a big public game.
    Hand selecting players is always more desirable than running a game for strangers. That goes double for Birthright. Think about it, what do you do if the regent character's player wordlessly stops attending or cancels at the last minute?

Also, public games tend to attract hack and slashers, rules lawyers, and general weenies.

I just found it. LOL. I'm a Birthright fan to the bone. Great game IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    My Friend and DM Ewen bought the box back in 95 and we started playing soon after. No world captured our groups imagination like B-Right did. Not Greyhawk, not Ravenloft, none of em came close. it was home brew or B-right. To this day when ever my group is not playing B-right, it feels like we are just passing the time untill the Next B-Right game. Ewen is in Iraq right now teaching their army medic training. When he comes back he's already promised to run my group again.
    "I'd like to respond first in my normal voice, and then in a high pitched, silly one."

New member, first post.

I was introduced to Birthright through Birthright: A Gorgon's Alliance, published by Sierra Online, Inc. (before their merger with Vivendi Universal Games), when my mom picked it up with a bunch of other Sierra classics found in the bargain bin. I quickly grew to like it and, in discovering that the user manual mentioned a sequal to the game, went on a quest to find more information about the game.

The Dungeons and Dragons and TSR (I guess that's old, or what?) logos were on the CD, yet I never thought that the story of Birthright was an official part of the Dungeons and Dragons universe.

I'm still hoping for someone to pick up the rights and do another Birthright PC game since I'm not much of a D+D fan.

I found this site in trying to find an official link for the game to provide in a list of favorite games I was asked to write up for joining a community on the internet.

I'll probably be lurking for a while, reading other posts here. Are there any other sites you all could recommend to me to get more information?

Kami

Downloads
    Uploads
    I have been playing BR since it's launch

I'm new, and I just found that there was a update for Birthright for the 3ed rules. I always loved this setting more than any other and thought I might be able to get back into the swing of things from here. Birthright was the only setting that could keep my attention in D&D settings for very long before I became bored.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Like benwoodruff, I was around back in the early days... but marriage, entering the workforce, kids etc... took me away from gaming for the last several years. I have fond memories of long and heated discussions about elves! I think I was a proponent of blunt weapons doing nonlethal damage to dwarves...

I was just surfing the web today, and remembering Birthright as my favorite D&D setting, decided to swing by and see what you all came up with. Downloading the core rules right now!

Johnathan

I'm writing from Italy. I ask you to sorry for my bad English.
    I'm a new member 'cause i love Birthright and i'm playing in "Birthright's world" AD&D (2nd edition) from January 2003!

I discovered this Forum yesterday...

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello everybody! (I'm apologize for any errors because I'm italian and I'm not very good to write in english)

Birthright the Gorgon's Alliance is a great game!
    I often play with Alamie because is a glorious challenge!First of all I BUY Endier (law holding,guild,tower,the tower and finally the province....at a little prices because Carilon Alam has the same alignment of Endier's regent),then I wait for some money and I invade Five Peaks or Spiderfell!
    I have an avice for you:for the great businessman (like rockhammer) you should become their ally,so ask them to become vassal offering a big holding:the businessman will join you with ALL its holdings!

Thread Information