Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Thumbs up "Forced" to run

I was playing in a game for a long while, and when that crashed, I was drafted to run. I like the community here, having read the stuff, and the 3.0 version of the game is great.

I'm a little upset that WotC doesn't want to start publishing this stuff professionally again. There are many stories yet to be told with this franchise.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by prince_dios

I am, however, curious what the "Official" with quotation marks means. :confused:
    WotC set up a system that granted sites the use of the term Official fan site for setting that they no longer support, like Birthright, Dark Sun, etc.

Birthright.net is the one for Birthtight. Athas.org is the one for Dark Sun, etc.

This agreement allowed the official fan site to publish setting material that is classified as offical setting material.

So the BRCS is (or will be once we finish and sanction it by vote) the official 3.5 Birthright rules.

See the pinned thread for details on this agreement.

http://www.birthright.net/showthread.php?t=2188
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads

New Members - why?

At 07:42 PM 12/10/2005 +0100, Marcus wrote:

>I`m a little upset that WotC doesn`t want to start publishing this stuff
    >professionally again. There are many stories yet to be told with this
    >franchise.

Hear, hear. The fan base has turned out some very interesting stuff, but
    it the full potential remains untapped.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    I joined after taking some time off from the RPG world to pursue an obsession with music.

I've always been more of a fan of RPG material (Harn, Aria, C&S, Ars Magica, etc) that has been more societal based and less of a dungeon crawl.

Downloads
    Uploads

Inactive to Active

Like seveal of the other respondents to this thread, I am an old-school 32 year-old RPG'er who has been inactive for some time. I participated in a number of PBEM BR campaigns several years ago, and was a member of the BR forums at that time. Upon discovering the BRCS project, I was very pleased with it's progress, so I'm excited about the setting again. My old D&D group is largely disbanded, not from lack of desire to play but from lack of time and due to living several hours apart geographically. Recently we have decided to attempt to play an e-mail campaign, and BR seems like an ideal setting for this. So here we are!

New membership

I had wanted to start a Birthright game, always remembered it fondly from years ago when I played in one, and just went online to see what was still around. I was blown away by the amount of work people have put in to the setting, and Wizard's committment to allowing this volunteer work go forward.

Anyway, that's why I joined.

--AJ

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was introduced to BR a couple of years ago. A friend of mine ran a campaign taking place in Coeranys in the province of Ranien. I played the only blooded character in a group of 4. Everybody was pretty ok with this, but after a series of sessions the others starting losing their characters. In the end, with no common cause and no old friendships to rely on, the campaign fell apart. Just recently, that same friend of mine launched a new campaign with more focus on regents expanding their realms and less focus on actual adventuring. This new campaign made me come to this board, and the information to be found here has been quite valuable in that game.
    Last edited by asoe; 12-14-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    TO WAR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmm,

I'm not exactly new, but I haven't posted in a long while. Come to think of it, its been almost a years since I did much more than promote my PBeM. The last real contribution was the world maps...and I haven't followed up with the promised Atlas to go with the map either. Shame on me...

It has been a busy RL year, but I hope to have some more time next year (note the wording - hope and not expect)...

B
    Cheers
    Bjørn
    DM of Ruins of Empire II PbeM

Just Coming Back

I joined the old BR site back in the late 90's or 2000. I posted under crazy_wolf then. With deployments after 9/11 I pushed this back. I have moved back stateside and I am finishing up my MBA and I am going to run a BR 3.5 campaign. I must say I was so happy to see that dwarves got DR instead of the half damage in the sanctioned rules. I remember some heated arguments over that when the project began those 5 years ago.

Long time lurk'r who needed to download.

Started playing BR w/ fellow Geeks while stationed in the UK. Our Alpha Geek was a big fan and got us all hooked. (UGLY AARDVARK WHERE ARE U!!!)

I've moved twice since and lost touch with the old group. I haven't played since (Very bitter but no time and no local geeks).

He gave me a CD of the PC game B4 I left, which I just found. I needed to be a member to download the "stink-eng patches". (BTW, The patches R not wanting to work for me; any suggestions would be appreciated)

Final word: Glad to see the sight and best to all fellow geeks..

Thread Information