Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

New Members - why?

In the past month or so, I've noticed quite a few new people posting on the boards.

IMO this is great, but I would like to know what prompted you to join the board and participate in discussion.

Other than mere curiosity, it could serve as guidance for how to get BR publicized to the rest of the RPG community out there.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I joined a while ago but just started posting. I heard that people had been given charge of the now unpublished settings that were around in 2nd edition. I was pointed to the Dark Sun setting but soon desided to hunt down Birthright, since I had ALWAYS been interested in it since I saw a box of it in a computer store at the mall.
    From there I kinda left it until I saw that WotC was posting the old books on their site. I set up the Legacy of Kings board game and played with my group. They loved it so, now I'm here.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    In the past month or so, I've noticed quite a few new people posting on the boards.
    to add some numbers to it:

October 2005: 81
    November 2005: 87
    December 2005: 14 (till today)

Arjan
    Te audire non possum. Musa sapientum fixa est in aure.

I knew about the place LONG before signing up a few days ago... I have been a hardcore BR fan since it first came out, owning almost two of everything (Hey, gotta have backup copies incase something happens). I haven't been a part of the discussion but after digesting some, I will be more than happy to throw in my copper peices worth of opinion. Long live BR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    I've been pretty inactive for some time.
    Not much of a RPG'er per se but love reading the fluff stuff.

Was bored and going thru some boxes the other day and found my old Birthright stuff. Hopped online and found my membership still active.

Impressed as hell with everything you guys have accomplished, not to mention the fact that Birthright is still around.

Been looking at some of the new stuff WotC is putting out like Eberron and it just doesn't grab my imagination the way Birthright did and still does.

Now if I only had the time, and talent, to actually help in some meaningful way... oh the joys of the "Married with Children" life.
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Launcelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, i've been a member for a long while, and even longer have i been a fan of Birthright (since shortly after it was released).

I was lost in the Shadow World for quite a while. That evil-life-thing got in the way for last couple years. But i've rekindled my interest over the last several months so with luck i'll be gaming again soon.

-Fizz

I've been running a BR campaign since the game's release. Mine is based in a 1280s-1340s tech level and we're having a great time. I felt that it was one of the best games that handled higher level domain play. (A friend had tried to come up with a system similar to this ages ago. It was so bloody cumbersome that after 3 turns, everyone dropped it).

We were disheartened when the game was discontinued. It was almost like watching an excellent television show, only to have it cancelled because it didn't meet the expectations of the reality TV viewers that cared more about who was going to get kicked off the island, than a well written plot.

So, we carried on in what we thought was a vacuum on and off for a few years (life interrupted). Then one of our new players was cruising the net and decided to google "birthright". It pulled a hit on this sight. So, we came for a visit.

I'd been lurking sporadically and was curious about what other gamers were doing. I saw a thread on the old gods and decided to see if anyone had given any thought about a "false god" mentioned in "coils of the serpent".

And...well...here I am.
    Last edited by Rhiannon Faramiriel; 12-09-2005 at 02:32 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I was also member when you had the old boards, but had been inactive for a long time (still lurked all the time tho). I signed up again, partly due to I read my old birthright novels (and got in the mood again) and partly because I just finished a tabletop role-playing (not domain) campaign set in birthright.

I also just entered a couple of Pbem.

By the way: It is a darn good job you guys, have been doing, respect and roses to all of you!

Downloads
    Uploads

Cool Birthright is

I remember seeing an Advert in Dragon magazine for the Birthright game and i remember saying to my group that this looked good.

I bought it all as soon as it was released and found this site an age ago when i joined. Had several attempts at playing but the combination of Adventures and Domain turns became too much, (we played for 2 years real time, once a week but barely made it a year in game time) i even tried a Homebrew world but that stopped when one of my players dropped out (a pivitol player too).

I was sorting out my Dragon Mags the a few weekas ago and spotted the same advert. i started musing on an idea and called my one remaining player and told him we were going to play a "Kings" game with no adventures. He jumped at the chance and a few weeks and Several game years later he's loving it.

Manty

I recently brought a bunch of my old things from my parents' house to my new residence. Amongst them were a treasure trove of old D+D books. I plan on starting a Birthright game, and was referred here by a friend when I inquired about any homebrewed 3E rules.

I am, however, curious what the "Official" with quotation marks means. :confused:

Thread Information