Long ago I created a world based off of FR. I had it about 90% complete with all the bells and whistles. The problem I ran into is, I lost my hard drive and lost 85% of the info. With 5E here I decided that I would recreate the world and let the characters create what they wanted to.
Back Story:
The characters were from FR. The good Deities found out that the evil gods have been hiding this world from them and building strength from it. Obviously the main inhabitants of the world are goblin, orc, giants, and the rest of those smelly beasts. The group was sent over in groups of 30 every 90 days. Obviously they had to start from scratch and at only 1st level. The game is going well and they realized after meeting a strong contingent of Dwarves that the more followers that worshipped that god, he would be able to bring that many more followers to the new world every 90 days.
The issue I am having is instead of making it just city based like FR, I would like to transition it towards Birthright with the sources and realm magic and being blooded. All the good things that we like about BR. I have come up with a way to introduce the gods and bring them in. I would use them as lesser gods of FR sent over get it started.
We have a fort started and expanding it to a hamlet. I want to start this sooner rather than later going towards the direction of BR.
If anyone has done something like this or has some good advice or questions please respond.