Downloads
    Uploads

Post Cerilian Dragons - available in all sizes!

Please, before proceeding on this matter, check out the following file:
    http://www.birthright.net/attachment...tachmentid=156

This is a table I came up with quite some time ago, so I would appreciate if I got more reviews than last time!

OK, here goes: the above file is a PDF with the complete table of age categories for the Cerilian dragon; the reasons why this file has been compiled are of no import right now, but the table was based off of every book I could get my hands on (including the Monster Manuals and Draconomicon, and now that I have some more time to spend on the matter, I will also be making some effort to do something about those proxy Challenge Ratings...

Anyway, tell me what you think of it.

Downloads
    Uploads

Cerilian Dragons - available in all sizes!

Someone once compiled a list of all known Cerilian dragons, I think I
    have it saved about here somewhere, is that of interest to you?

Lee.

That was nice, not what I was looking for but still useful. I must say that my knowledge of the CRs and everything for other monsters are unknown to me until I read the books but they all seem likely.

I will definately use this but what I am still looking for is a list of Dragons, known alive and known dead, where they live and their strengths. I have found the names of 3 live ones, will post them when I find my papers again. I think one is Lifebane (Five Peaks) and then one in Brecht and the nasty one in Vosgaard.

I wish to compile some history as well that my characters will find along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee
    Someone once compiled a list of all known Cerilian dragons, I think I
    have it saved about here somewhere, is that of interest to you?

Lee.

Yes please!

eyeless.one@gmail.com

Downloads
    Uploads
    I get a "unable to decrypt" error.
    What version of adobe did you pdf it with?
    Sir Robin the Not-quite-so-brave-as-Sir-Launcelot,
    who had nearly fought the Dragon of Agnor,
    who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol,
    and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Downloads
    Uploads

dragons

Good job on the descriptions of Cerelian dragons of all ages. I think it is interesting.

However, I think it looses the feel that a Cerelian dragon is nearly invulnerable. In 2E, you only played with a dragon if you wanted to die. The fact that the Gorgon drove one away (enslaved?) is truly amazing. At Deismaar dragons pretty much laid waste to everything, and Tarazin the Grey did the same when he was out rampaging. True, a CR 26 dragon is pretty rough, but not impossible.

However, to discuss the mechanics, I think that is quite good. I like the progression. A bit more variation in land speed might be good - old dragons may be a bit slower than those young whippersnappers.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin
    However, I think it looses the feel that a Cerelian dragon is nearly invulnerable. In 2E, you only played with a dragon if you wanted to die. The fact that the Gorgon drove one away (enslaved?) is truly amazing. At Deismaar dragons pretty much laid waste to everything, and Tarazin the Grey did the same when he was out rampaging. True, a CR 26 dragon is pretty rough, but not impossible.
    Out of curiosity, where'd you get that information? I'm interested in learning more.

As to the mechanics, they look spot-on to me.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    This is most likely with a few faults, it was done durring my class tonight:

Looking at the statistics and everything, they seem REALLY close to Blue Dragons in terms of size, HD, and more. Though I suppose that in D20 most creatures are made in a standard method, meaning any two similar creatures would have to be realitively close.
    However, they aren't that amazingly awesome for some rare badass (can I say that on TV?) creature. The CR seems to be higher than the Blue in most cases but I don't think that it's that much better than the Blue in terms of stats (especially since from what I could tell a blue of the same age might win in a fight).
    Did you use the Blue as a basis or did you use something else as the basis? I haven't compared it to anything in the Dragonomicon yet and only briefly in the monster manual.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talking Some background on this work...

The file is compatible with versions 6.0 and above of Acrobat Reader.

To clear up some of the misunderstanding behind my work here: this table is an expansion of the existing table the people here in the BRCS team built for the Cerilian dragon (which was based on the statistics given for a Cerilian dragon in 2e); I simply expanded on all age categories retroactively, something which is not as easy as it may seem, if I may say so myself.

If you reread the text in regard to the table, the CRs are completely proxy: they bear no significance as they have not been acid tested...

As for the statistics themselves, the base statistics resemble the blue dragon in a few areas, that's true; I simply expanded to check how they would match with all the progressions, since the Cerilian dragon is more mentally potent than a blue dragon of its age and also has a damn more powerful breath!

Thread Information