Downloads
    Uploads

New template "Dombox"

I wrote (mostly stole) a new template for domains.

It increases text size for readability. It adds a 2 pixel border around the information. It adds a background so the div lines don't cut through the information in the box. It also comes with the brbox template embedded.

I didn't know whether to keep it separate or to merge it with the existing domain template. You can, of course, view it at template:dombox and I've changed all the Vos lands to have this template if you want to see the difference between say Hjorig versus Avanil.

Remember if someone does start changing the boilerplate and current information to this new format to delete the brbox begin and brbox end template calls from the current pages as the larger font sizes make the words overlap with the current setup. As stated previously, the situation is fixed with an embedded brbox template within the dombox template.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks.

the box is better : can easily separate informations

Downloads
    Uploads
    Looks good. I have tried it on Grevesmuehl. The only thing I noticed was that the left hand column needs to be a little wider so the 'Government' label doesn't hit its value.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm thinking of shrinking the size of the text just a bit and adding in a colon to help separate the values. Fortifications also has the same problem. I think it is a resolution thing as the gap appears differently on my laptop and my PC.

Downloads
    Uploads

Related to Editing but not Dombox Template Specific

Sorontar, I tried to continue using private messages but I can't send to you as it says you have reached your quota for private messages.

I should have provided more details about what was malfunctioning when I tried editing Grevesmuhl's wiki page. Sorry I was too vague, here is a step-by-step of what I tried.
    1) I went to the wiki page for Grevesmuhl and scrolled down to the "Domain Holding Table" section.
    2) I clicked the "[edit]" link from the right hand side list of "[hide] - [top] - [edit]".
    This changed the in-page "Domain Holding Table" section to an editable field (textarea control).
    3) Under that there is a "Reason for editing" field and a checkbox for "This is a minor edit".
    4) Below those there are three buttons "Save", "Go Advanced", and "Cancel".
    None of those three buttons work, they don't register a click at all.
    They highlight as I move the cursor over them, but I assume that is just a stylesheet setting.
    5) In the end I got the information (Domain Holdings) in there by hitting the "[edit]" link again.
    This takes me to a page with a toolbar of text options above the textarea for putting in content.
    6) On this page near the bottom there are two buttons, "Save Changes" and "Preview Changes".
    This "Save Changes" button does seem to work.

The first set of buttons are non-functional, all three.
    It's a bit confusing to a newbie editor/contributor such as myself.

Additionally, and again slightly off target with regards to nickgrayden's Dombox template (sorry nickgrayden), could we have a way to highlight canon versus community changed/created information? I noticed that Roesone's wikipage has some differences from the Ruins of Empire book.

Best wishes, Paul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by niekell View Post

Additionally, and again slightly off target with regards to nickgrayden's Dombox template (sorry nickgrayden), could we have a way to highlight canon versus community changed/created information? I noticed that Roesone's wikipage has some differences from the Ruins of Empire book.

Best wishes, Paul.
    Aside from the ruleset, everything is a mix of canon and non-canon. When the wiki was set-up we thought about trying to do a split, but it didn't go ahead in part due to copyright issues (any 'canon' set would infringe copyright if it had a significant amount of detail) and partly because the whole idea of the wiki was to encourage people to expand on what we had, and expansion was a lot easier to do by editing what was already there (not everyone was as happy with making pages as me).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by niekell View Post
    Sorontar, I tried to continue using private messages but I can't send to you as it says you have reached your quota for private messages.
    Just means I have been here too long even though I haven't played Birthright for a decade. Thanks for telling me. I have trimmed my mail archive a little so the next query from anyone can be received (until it fills again).

1) I went to the wiki page for Grevesmuhl and scrolled down to the "Domain Holding Table" section.
    2) I clicked the "[edit]" link from the right hand side list of "[hide] - [top] - [edit]".
    This changed the in-page "Domain Holding Table" section to an editable field (textarea control).
    As I mentioned, the edit buttons for sections don't work properly. The best solution is to press the edit tab at the top of the page (rather than edit buttons inside the page). This does work.

Best wishes, Paul.
    As Andrew said, the wiki is largely an expansion and edit of what is in the original Birthright publications. The original deal with TSR/WOTC is that we can do this but we can't publish for profit and we try to reword what the original said. Hence, a wiki page will have many elements that are based on the published documents but with NPCs and locations expanded further.

The wiki is also primarily based on the D&D 3.0/3.5 BRCS that this community has developed. This may mean that some domains are rebalanced or edited.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    Hello Sorontar, AndrewTall,

Quote Originally Posted by Sorontar View Post
    Just means I have been here too long even though I haven't played Birthright for a decade. Thanks for telling me. I have trimmed my mail archive a little so the next query from anyone can be received (until it fills again).
    Ah, veteran membership house-keeping issues... not everyone is that lucky.
    Sorry to hear you haven't played for so long. I've been running BR campaigns since the original boxed set came out without more than a month or so break.

As I mentioned, the edit buttons for sections don't work properly. The best solution is to press the edit tab at the top of the page (rather than edit buttons inside the page). This does work.
    Tab at the top. Got it. Thanks again.

As Andrew said, the wiki is largely an expansion and edit of what is in the original Birthright publications. The original deal with TSR/WOTC is that we can do this but we can't publish for profit and we try to reword what the original said. Hence, a wiki page will have many elements that are based on the published documents but with NPCs and locations expanded further.
    Sorontar
    So we should sort of give an artists impression of any original material and embellish to fill in any holes...? That appeals to the Bard in me.

The wiki is also primarily based on the D&D 3.0/3.5 BRCS that this community has developed. This may mean that some domains are rebalanced or edited.
    Fair enough. I jumped ship from D&D3.5 (to PathFinder) and haven't been happy with WotC direction for the D&D product line since. I still use the 0.0 draft of the BRCS D&D 3.0 netbook though as I find it to be the most coherent... or maybe it is just closer to the original AD&D2E version and I never had a problem with that.
    I suppose I should take extra care not to slip up and put anything rules related into anything I edit, that would be a bridge too far I suspect.

All the best, Paul.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Added the colons and shrunk the text. There now shouldn't be any overlap. Would like it if you guys could check on it and let me know if you still see the two columns (usually only Government and Fortifacations) overlap

Thread Information