Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    All Characters have a story. This is were they are told.

We had a bushi in our party named "Swede", he wore a girdle of fire giant strength and would simply pummel people to death.
    I know, I know, a bushi named "Swede"? I was 14 for crying out loud!
    By the way, we also had a NPC Samurai named "Jack".;)
    "Chaos is beautiful"
    Arioch

Birthright Developer Raesene Andu's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Probably the most memorable character from my games over the years was Rommel Toecutter, a dwarven assassin with a tendancy to survive encounters with the PCs. He must have appeared in about 30-40 adventures over the years, all starting with one encounter in the sewers beneath the major city of my original campaign world, where the players killed his brother. Even since that day, he has popped up from time to time to seek revenge for his brother's death, once spoiling one PC's wedding and another time burning down a castle the PCs had captured.
    He even appeared briefly in my first BR campaign, trapped in a burning spelljammer ships as it plummeted towards the surface of Aebrynis. It remains to be seen if he survived or not.

As for most memorable BR characters, well lets just say that a few will be making appearances in the upcoming Book of Scions project, including Baruk One-Eye, leader of the Gorgon's orog legions, Gael Somellin, a thief from Aduria and many others. I'm still accepting NPCs for the book by the way, so far not one person has submitted a NPC for consideration. It isn't that hard, I'm doing at least 2-3 characters a day, along with running a pbem, working 9 hours a day, going swimming for an hour, and watching a few hours of TV! And I still find the time to get at least 7 hours sleep.
    Let me claim your Birthright!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crom is probably one of my most memorable characters. He was a peculiar fellow indeed! He stood 5'2" and was completely bald with a thick reddish brown goatee. He wore a rounded poncho like robe that looked as if it were made of flames. He travelled barefoot or with sandals carrying only a quarterstaff (no other equipment... though he always managed to find what he needed at the time...). He was quite proud of the quarterstaff ( "See it has my name on it: Crom 'The Magnificent' -- That's me!" ). He was wizard with a dendency toward fire... in fact his ambition in life was to become a fire elemental (though he never came close). He was a little slow on the uptake and took everything literally. He had a strong tendency to miscast/misdirect spells and had a knack for getting out of trouble as quickly as he got in it. He was excellent comedy relief!

He was perhaps the strangest characters I've ever played (I'm generally a little more reserved) but everyone in my group remembers him 5 years later and his name still comes up occassionally.
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Crom the fire elemental. haha. That's good stuff.

I recall playing against the giants once with an Elven character named Solas Flaminius. We were at the part where you are entering a frost giant cave and there's a huge icy chasm. I drank a potion of flying we obtained in a previous adventure and lept of the ledge.......of course it was a potion of delusion. yeah, everybody laughed while I died :(
    What fun. :)
    "Chaos is beautiful"
    Arioch

Downloads
    Uploads
    There have been many memorable characters over the years. My favorites that were not mine were two characters Whiplash and Theodin. Whiplash was a 7 foot tall human and Theodin was 3 foot tall dwarf that was dumb as a door nail. Theodin would run into trouble and Whiplash would do everything in his power to get him out of it. They were best friends and played very well.
    Lord Eldred
    High Councilor of the
    United Provinces of Cerilia
    "May Haelyn bring justice to your realm"

Princess Emerald Greybear
    I was playing a Ranger when we came upon an animated talking box named Bob. I liked the box so I decided to keep it, but it kept telling me not to take it out of the room or I'd be sorry. When I got to the door, I thrust my arm out of the room and Bob exploded... Needless to say, I lost my 2 attacks per round and was in a coma for several days.

Downloads
    Uploads
    On my DMs world that he created. My Kensai/Wizard(Artificer) who happened to be from very far away came to the current area of the campaign in an airship wreck. Never having seen an elf before, he was turned off from them because of the arrogance of one particular elf who investigated his crash. He has since gone on to save the local church from being usurped by evil forces (by rescuing the lord Patriarch), assist in a war effort through various inventions, and become knighted in the method of local style (european). His other (mis)adventures include getting knocked unconcious (twice) to save others (once by a berserker tasked genie, the other by a lizard-king with a powerful magic sword), rescuing a random woman that happened to be uncovering a conspiracy, befriending a pixie (now a student of his) who tried to pull pranks on him, and dueling an important minor villain in the campaign (and embarrasing him).

I am most proud of this character because he has never killed a human, demihuman, or man-sized humanoid (he has killed ogres and monsters though). He uses his Katana to discourage injustice and often strikes to subdue. He has won many battles by merely knocking people to the ground. He is more of an engineer than a wizard, but his wizardry supplements his swordsmanship very well.
    Explain how this is a signature, its not my handwriting.

The hardest part was teaching the bunnies to hug. -Duke Phillips

Downloads
    Uploads
    I one time played a ranger who got stuck below ground for a very long time.....He found an orc skull and started talking to it.....before long it became Sir Orkskull........My DM hated me for that one....:)
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Downloads
    Uploads
    Was this before or after you watched ''Castaway''?

WILSON!!!
    Servant of the Most High,
    Lawgiver

Isaiah 1:17
    Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow.

Downloads
    Uploads
    This was LOOOOOOOOOOONG before Cast Away....In fact when my friends went to go see it,they just started laughing when he started talking to Wilson...everyone in the theatre thought they were nuts!:)
    "Victory has a thousand fathers,defeat is an orphan."

Thread Information