Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Creatures gaining bloodlines:

From Blood Enemies.

The Boar. {And the description of the the bloodtheft sure sounds a lot like the BRCS version. “. .. a wild maelstrom of energy erupt from the corpse of the nobleman. Some of the energy lept into the boar, turning its coat white and increasing its size by more than half!. The rest of the vortex felled a number of trees all around and blasted the ground beneath the corpse to bar rock.”}

The Hydra

Kraken (?)

The Leviathan

Pegasus

Stag of Sielwode

The description for the boar does a pretty good job of portraying how an animal becomes blooded IMO.
    Duane Eggert

If I remember the Bloodspawn table, the magian is not listed among their number. However, it is eluded to elsewhere. Maybe not a contradiction, just a gap in the info.

Jenn

Downloads
    Uploads

Invulnerable Blood Ability: How do you handle it?

At 03:57 PM 12/13/2005, Rhiannon Faramiriel wrote:

>If I remember the Bloodspawn table, the magian is not listed among
    >their number. However, it is eluded to elsewhere. Maybe not a
    >contradiction, just a gap in the info.

Ah, OK. IIRC, the info on the Magian in CotS text and Blood Enemies
    are amibuous about his origin. It`s in Bloodspawn that it says flat
    out that he`s a remaining member of the Lost.

Gary

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by geeman
    At 03:57 PM 12/13/2005, Rhiannon Faramiriel wrote:
    Ah, OK. IIRC, the info on the Magian in CotS text and Blood Enemies
    are amibuous about his origin. It`s in Bloodspawn that it says flat
    out that he`s a remaining member of the Lost.
    And the Lost themselves are rather vaguely described too. Maybe that is deliberate.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads

Invulnerable Blood Ability: How do you handle it?

At 06:56 AM 12/14/2005, Fizz wrote:

>>Ah, OK. IIRC, the info on the Magian in CotS text and Blood Enemies
    >>are amibuous about his origin. It`s in Bloodspawn that it says flat
    >>out that he`s a remaining member of the Lost.
    >
    >And the Lost themselves are rather vaguely described too. Maybe
    >that is deliberate.

I`m sure your right. It adds to their mystery a bit. Plus, why go
    into too much detail about them since they are A) Long gone (for the
    most part) and B) Represent a very small number of characters.

Gary

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think there should be a good, story related way to bypass the invulnerability. In my campaign the only way to get Rasaene was to fight him on the battlefield where Roele fell, Harness the bloodline Michael invested the grounds with, and then when Rasaene tries to gaze attack, you have a gaze reflection spell cast on him, turning himself to stone. Then with the Sword of Roele (recieved by the three brothers mages after success in The Sword of Roele module) cut off the Gorgons head.
    Then in the Shadow world the process is repeated.
    Of course that might be too difficult for most PC's but if they manage to succeed they will sure feel like they did.
    "I'd like to respond first in my normal voice, and then in a high pitched, silly one."

Downloads
    Uploads

Invulnerablity

Now I don't play BRCS I use second ed on top of just 3rd ed characters (which runs wonderfully ) but has anyone considered you could just capture an invulnerable keep him beaten down to -10 hp and then have a priest use the divestiture action? I'm pretty sure the creature can die when he doesn't have a bloodline anymore
    While 3rd edition is cool, if they had made a decent magic item creation system for 2nd ed third would never have been born :P

Sergai Sargaron: 2nd Swamp Mage and Regent of Osoerde (post Moergan revolution)

Downloads
    Uploads
    Cmalik wrote : I think there should be a good, story related way to bypass the invulnerability. In my campaign the only way to get Rasaene was to fight him on the battlefield where Roele fell, Harness the bloodline Michael invested the grounds with, and then when Rasaene tries to gaze attack, you have a gaze reflection spell cast on him, turning himself to stone. Then with the Sword of Roele (recieved by the three brothers mages after success in The Sword of Roele module) cut off the Gorgons head.
    Then in the Shadow world the process is repeated.
    Of course that might be too difficult for most PC's but if they manage to succeed they will sure feel like they did.

Good Idea, i like it. Adding Invulnerability to the Gorgons Bloodabilities would make him much more dangerous. The pc have to think how to kill him and not only look at his stats.

sergai wrote: Now I don't play BRCS I use second ed on top of just 3rd ed characters (which runs wonderfully ) but has anyone considered you could just capture an invulnerable keep him beaten down to -10 hp and then have a priest use the divestiture action? I'm pretty sure the creature can die when he doesn't have a bloodline anymore

Clever very clever.
    Is this allowed to divesture a bloodline when the scion has invulnerability.

What about: such spells like suppress blood ability or suppress bloodline?
    If the Spider for example has it bloodline suppressed and is killed(-10hp), what happens? Is the Spider dead and its bloodline leaves it and is gone or does the invulnerability save it and the process of rebuilding starts at the end off the spell who suppressed the bloodline.

Thread Information