Downloads
    Uploads

How many Regency Points?

I'm still slugging away at my Pathfinder Kingmaker Birthright lashup, and I have a question for DMs who have experience with Birthright. For the longest time, my players have refused to run realms, so while I have been running in Cerilia almost since it came out, I have very little actual experience with the realm game.

I note that regents can use their stored up Regency Points to increase their bloodline strength, subject to a maximum of 2 added points per year. My question to you is, how often is this usually done?

I've been running my game for a while-- 6 game years, but have been ignoring the BR realm rules in favor of Pathfinder's rules. I've still got the bloodlines there, allowing them some effect on the realm, but not tracking RPs, except in cases of bloodtheft or significant accomplishments in politics. Have I been cheating my ruler PC? In a quiet year, is it common that a ruler could save up the RP to jump their bloodline a point or two?

Downloads
    Uploads
    It usually doesn't happen all that often, because you need a long period of peace and quiet. It's not so much hard to get RP, the trick is hanging on to them. They invaluable, they are the central mechanic to the Birthright system, and you simply can't have thousands of them like you can gold. And you need them to do darn near anything.
    Of course, that makes the effort worthwhile.
    Call me Bob.
    My website: NRGGames.org
    My game design blog: Bob's Worlds

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would say that if you're doing it every year without fail, clearly you don't have enough going on in your life, let alone if you raise it twice a year more often than not.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The only way to regularly raise RP, is to be a regent of a small realm getting vassalage RP to get more than your bloodline regularly.

If you have a big realm there is too much going on.

Someone like the Sayer of Coullabhie could spin off lots of little internal realms to her apprentices and milk them, but that's a meta-game sort of way of ruling, I don't see it working very well if trying that in a landed realm.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting responses, thanks.

I've been deliberately giving them quiet seasons (and a few years), since I don't think there should be a lot of active happening in Vos winters, and I want the players to feel like this is a long-term game.

It sounds like it's something I don't need to worry about; I can assume that RP are going in and out at about the same rate.

Thread Information