playing as Chaos (Gorgon's Alliance)

Anyone ever play as Chaos in gorgon's alliance? It's pretty interesting. Here's how:

In scenario editor, select chaos and absorb at least one province (otherwise it's game over right away, 'cause you have to have at least one province) For my first try I absorbed the City of Anuire 'cause it's super small and has the least impact on the rest of the map.

Then give yourself lots of regency. This is because you want to build your bloodline from scratch so that you can gain regency later on in the game. I did 1000, but that might be overkill.

You may also want to give yourself some cash too. Especially if you're starting with only one province.

Save scenario and load the game.

Before you do anything else, buy yourself some blood line strength. Then start your first turn.

One trick you need to know playing as chaos is that you can't build new holdings on your own territory. This is because "Chaos" is not selectable as a realm in the holding screen. If you want to build holdings on your territory have to plan in advance: pick which foreign province you want to conquer, build holdings there BEFORE you conquer. All you need is a 0 level holding there. Because you can rule your own holdings to up their levels.

Also, I wouldn't suggest you bother making alliances because your troops will randomly appear in other people's realms without you doing anything and they'll get pissed at you anyway.

Oh and your name will be "unknown". Will show up like that on the win screen and everything.

Downloads
    Uploads
    That sounds like a weird game - do you just wind up with people declaring war on you because your troops spawned in their lands?

Also, do you have to pay upkeep for those troops? I presume not as otherwise chaos would rapidly bankrupt itself ;-)

Yeah, ppl do randomly declare war on you. Whether it's just because your troops appeared in their territory or not, I don't know.

You do have to pay the upkeep, unless its spiders or skeletons. But you can just not pay them and they don't turn "Chaos" because they already are chaos. They just disappear. To not bankrupt your self, start up w/ a decent amount of cash, then buy up the merchant non-landed entities to get guilds everywhere.

Not a huge amount of troops get randomly generated, except inside Gorgon's Alliance. But those inside Gorgon's Alliance get slaughtered right away, so you don't have to worry about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Not a huge amount of troops get randomly generated, except inside Gorgon's Alliance. But those inside Gorgon's Alliance get slaughtered right away, so you don't have to worry about them.
    * Gorgon's Crown (forum won't let me edit my post )

Downloads
    Uploads
    Interesting. Is it possible also to play as the Gorgon, or one of the domains within his lands? I never tried.

I have played Caliedhe Dosiere and the Imperial City and Rhuobhe. I think I tried playing the Spider once, and I have some other memory of lots of elven troops, not sure which one I played there.

Anyone have a favorite strategy game (preferably turn-based) these days that follows in the style of GA -- diplomacy, economics, and war? I haven't played one in a long time. I know some people mod games, too, wondered if someone might have modded one of the Total War games for Birthright or something similar. Don't know how much you can change the maps of those, though.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
    Interesting. Is it possible also to play as the Gorgon, or one of the domains within his lands? I never tried.
    Yes, both Gorgon's Crown, Markazor and Mur Kilad, they are labeled as easy, medium and hard. Once I selected even Mieres, but it must be a placeholder because it make autofinish turns. There are two discussions about that cut content http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...in-the-PC-game!
    http://www.birthright.net/forums/sho...n00b-questions

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan View Post

I have played Caliedhe Dosiere and the Imperial City and Rhuobhe. I think I tried playing the Spider once, and I have some other memory of lots of elven troops, not sure which one I played there.

Anyone have a favorite strategy game (preferably turn-based) these days that follows in the style of GA -- diplomacy, economics, and war? I haven't played one in a long time. I know some people mod games, too, wondered if someone might have modded one of the Total War games for Birthright or something similar. Don't know how much you can change the maps of those, though.
    The most similar thing IMHO would be Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Crusader Kings II is even heavily discounted on Steam right now. Buy it whilst you can.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Romance of the three kingdoms is exactly the same style of GA, but it lacks dungeon exploration and also the battles are pure turn based. On other aspect has more depth: for example you can use real spies that pretend to be lieutenant of your enemy and switch your side during the battle!

Thread Information