Downloads
    Uploads

Birthright mentions in 5e books

Hi everyone,
    Apart from the brief mention of Birthright in the 5e Player's Handbook, it is also mentioned in the DMG. Yesterday, WotC released an excerpt of the aforementioned book (http://media.wizards.com/2014/downlo.../DMG_67_68.pdf), in which Birthright is mentioned among some worlds of D&D. It may be further cited in future mass combat rules that will be published later (I ignore if the DMG has domain rules, in which it may be mentioned as well). The DMG may have further references of Birthright, but since I don't have the book yet I ignore if it does. The excerpt says the following about the setting:
    "On Aebrynis (the heroic-fantasy world of the Birthright setting), scions born from divine bloodlines carve up the continent of Cerilia. Monarchs, prelates, guildmasters, and great wizards balance the demands of rulership against the threat of horrible abominations born from the blood of an evil god."
    Paladinnicolas.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Well, at least they remembered us this time

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Sweet!
    I want to read into this, but probably best not to get my hopes up. Heh.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads

Re-publishing

I would be rather skeptic about this. I would love to see it re-published but I am more than frustrated on where the story line would end up. I think none of the old designers are in lead with the new line, so....I would hate to see Birthright deteriorate, officially. Trust me I would love to see people from this community take part in such an effort than any design team that with no concern to what the community thinks will just launch a "new" campaign world for $$$ sake.
    " The Empire will fall...."

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by ebatalis View Post
    I would be rather skeptic about this. I would love to see it re-published but I am more than frustrated on where the story line would end up. I think none of the old designers are in lead with the new line, so....I would hate to see Birthright deteriorate, officially. Trust me I would love to see people from this community take part in such an effort than any design team that with no concern to what the community thinks will just launch a "new" campaign world for $$$ sake.
    I agree entirely. Except for possibly the original designers, i'd trust this community to a better job of conversion than anyone else.

If they do an official conversion, we can only hope that they'd have a desire to capture the original feel and mystique of the original setting. In which case they'd be fools not to involve this community.

-Fizz

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I would have hope. While Forgotten Realms 4e was quite a mess, everyone spoke really well of Dark Sun 4e and all the material for Nenthir's Vale. I think they continue to have more than enough good writers in home to do a good update/reboot to the setting if they want.

But I doubt we will see something like a campaign setting again, probably some articles about domain management in the new column (Unearthed Arcana) that will replace Mike Mearls articles and that's it.

When i acknowledge entirely. Except likely the original creative designers, i would have confidence in this particular community to help a more satisfactory job of conversion compared to anyone else.
    When they complete the state run conversion, you can solely trust in which they'd employ a prefer to record the first sense in addition to mystique from the original placing. In which case they'd be fools to not include this particular community.
    Last edited by Arius Vistoon; 09-22-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Thread Information