Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads

Versions of the Birthright D20 Rulebook(BRCS)

Does anyone have an accurate list of how many versions of the Birthright rules have been created and how to access these versions? I created an online Birthright game a few years back with PCs using Anuire realms that was based on the original Birthright d20 Campaign Setting Rulebook version 0.0 rules (I actually still have an electronic copy). Now my gaming group wants me to DM another online game and I've chosen the Brechtur realms for our new playground.

While doing some Internet searches during my electronic board setup I found multiple version of the original Birthright d20 Campaign Setting Rulebook or Birthright Rules (versions 1.3, 2.1, and 3.0 draft 8). I'm trying to find all the different versions so I can review the changes made to each version and understand why the modifications were made. I am also trying to see how easy or how difficult it would be to incorporate some of the older rules that I really liked into the most updated version of the rules.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Grinster; 08-20-2014 at 03:21 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Grinster View Post
    While doing some Internet searches during my electronic board setup I found multiple version of the original Birthright d20 Campaign Setting Rulebook or Birthright Rules (versions 1.3, 2.1, and 3.0 draft 8). I'm trying to find all the different versions so I can review the changes made to each version and understand why the modifications were made. I am also trying to see how easy or how difficult it would be to incorporate some of the older rules that I really liked into the most updated version of the rules.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
    From memory, the major versions were:

• Travis Doom's version
    • The BRCS 3.0ed version
    • The BRCS 3.0ed version with 3.5ed changes to ch1-6 (current)

Many campaigns have made their own versions with variations on things like the wargaming, but those are the main three published versions.

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks so much for your insight.

Is the latest version you spoke of - "BRCS 3.0ed version with 3.5ed changes to ch1-6 (current)" in the current downloads area? I would assume so, but I want to make sure I know the file name for the most updated version.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I believe that the BRCS 3.0 pdf was updated to include the Ch1-6 revisions. I don't have time to check things like that at the moment, but I do know that the individual chapters are in the download section. When/If I get time, I'll also check whether Dr (Travis) Doom's version is also there (since it doesn't seem obvious from filenames).

Sorontar
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thank you very much for this information. I greatly appreciate the help you've provided and will make sure to back through and review all the separate chapters again.

Thread Information