Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Don't have the PHB yet, but from what I see from the free rules, I'm also quite optimistic.

We recently started a Birthright campaign using ADnD 2e rules, but I4m seriously considering to "convert" to 5e after I have a look at the 3 core rulebooks.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I haven't got the PHB yet, but the free rules and all the PHB and MM previews make me really optimistic about this version. Also, the concept of bounded accuracy makes DnD 5e a great fit for Birthright, even more than 2e I would say.

Regards!

Currently looking at a friend's copy of the PHB and I'm loving it so far. Been playing 5th Edition since the Starter Set came out (though my friends and I have the Alpha version) and I'm enjoying what I've seen so far in the PHB. Of course, I've only played Rogues so far (one session I played the generic Human Noble Fighter and never once used my Ancestral Axe).

I haven't read the book enough yet to judge on what kind of changes there needs to be, but I have enjoyed the eight sessions of games I've played in on so far.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JakobLiar View Post
    Currently looking at a friend's copy of the PHB and I'm loving it so far. Been playing 5th Edition since the Starter Set came out (though my friends and I have the Alpha version) and I'm enjoying what I've seen so far in the PHB. Of course, I've only played Rogues so far (one session I played the generic Human Noble Fighter and never once used my Ancestral Axe).

I haven't read the book enough yet to judge on what kind of changes there needs to be, but I have enjoyed the eight sessions of games I've played in on so far.
    Get also the free Basic PDF, they updated it recently and divided it into 2 PDFs, Player and GM. More backgrounds, monsters, magic items... And there is also a free PDF for Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

Regards!

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for the heads-up, Vicente!

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Yeah, thanks for the info. I don't even think my friend who owns those two books knows about these PDFs yet and he's usually well-informed on new PDFs and books.

EDIT: Read the backgrounds, classes, races, etc... all the same from the PHB, except the PHB has more. Nothing new in these PDFs and recall seeing the 'Basic Rules' PDFs in a binder with my friend's stuff, so nevermind on him not having it.
    Last edited by JakobLiar; 08-20-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Super excited for the new D&D. It definitely gives me OSR vibes. Birthright, Ravenloft, and Dragonlance are really overwhelming my better judgement as I have been reading over everything I can about 5E. I will probably start working on Birthright conversions again as I did for the beginning 4E games... So much stuff has come out now too... I am torn between using the old BR system, the updated system for d20 from Birthright.net, or the Pathfinder system for Regency/Kingdom management... each of them have their merits and flaws.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    @Thelandrin No probs
    @JakobLiar

As far as I know, there are 4 free PDFs right now:

- Basic DnD Players v0.2
    - Basic DnD DM v0.1
    - Hoard of the Dragon Queen Suplement 1
    - Basic DnD Adventurers League v0.1

And then a ton of free character sheets: from the Starter Set, blank (form-fillable and normal).

The idea is that the free PDFs will be updated little by little as new books are published. I'm not sure if there is going to be an update when they release the MM (as they already published the Basic DM with monsters), but I think there is going to be an update with the second Tyranny of Dragons adventure (probably another Suplement) and with the DMG.

Honestly, I think those free PDFs are a great idea. They allow people to check DnD for free, contain all the information needed to play and are a good gateway for the physical books. WotC is managing 5e so far very well, and it seems to have a very clear and interesting vision on how to handle it.

Regards!

I gotcha, man. I saw and I am a little hesitant about that Adventurer's League, though I didn't see it on the website for that one. However, considering that my GM is trying to push me into playing during the League game, I might end up doing it anyway. I just disliked how Pathfinder did their Pathfinder Society, because I never got to keep anything my character stole or looted from enemies. It was always annoying.

Overall, I'm still loving it and when I get paid again (this upcoming Friday), I expect to have enough money to be able to purchase the game (and possibly both books).

Downloads
    Uploads
    Finally got a chance to look at the PHB, seems there's only 7 domains for Clerics at the moment. By looking at gods with similar portfolios among the pantheons mentioned in the PHB, I came up with this little conversion for Birthright.

Domains: Knowledge, Life, Light, Nature, Tempest, Trickery, War.

Gods:

Haelyn = Life, War
    Nesirie = Tempest, Life
    Cuiraecen = Tempest, War

Erik = Nature
    Avani = Knowledge, Light
    Laerme = Life, Light

Ruornil = Knowledge
    Sera = Knowledge, Trickery
    Eloele = Trickery

Belinik = War, Death
    Kriesha = Nature, Tempest
    Last edited by Delazar; 08-30-2014 at 07:42 PM. Reason: changed some domains

Thread Information