Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Delazar View Post
    How to "organize" such an effort? do we just randomy post our ideas, and make a poll? How did you guys went about creating the 3rd ed conversion?
    The core team used Travis Doom's ruleset as a base, and farmed sections of the game (PC creation, gods, Domain rules, warfare, etc) out to interested board posters. Some other people felt left out (to put it mildly) which was a significant loss for the site.

Now we have the wiki so we aren't limited to a single rule-set.

I suggest that people post on the forum to discuss a particular rule, views on a topic or another, and otherwise they can post their version on the wiki as they go and either ask for input, copy chunks from others/link, etc.

I'd suggest that people target one section of the game rather than try the whole thing, see how it goes, perhaps do a "basic" version others can use and a "campaign version" with their favourite bells and whistles if they want it complex.

Either way visitors, etc can look at the various rulesets and over time a preference should emerge by consensus.

Thought I'd posted this earlier but it didn't go through for some reason.

Here's a link to my own attempt at a 5e conversion for Birthright:

Birthright 5e D&D Conversion Document

Downloads
    Uploads
    http://boldpueblo.com/downloads/5e/5...conversion.pdf

That's a link to a great conversion document targeted for play at the adventure level.

Created by Duck Call Lass I think it's one of the best adaptations of the setting to a system I've seen. Really takes into account both elements rather than trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I just wanted to mention that the 5e Player's Handbook expressly mentions Birthright in one of its appendices, describing it as one of the worlds of D&D, which is good as it acknowledges its existence in its first core rulebook! (mention aside of the Starter Set, which only mentions the FR).
    On the other hand, the DMG will likely include mass combat and perhaps domain rules, which if simpler than the original Birthright ones may be ideally suited for Birthright and encourage roleplaying in it.
    Paladinnicolas.

Well, they say:

"...Greyhawk, Blackmoor, Dragonlance, the Forgotten Realms, Mystara, Birthright, Dark Sun, and Eberron, among others."

I wouldn't count on that meaning there is going to be any official support for any of those in this edition, barring any other evidence.

For example, Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dragonlance, and Eberron all get deity lists in the PHB, but Blackmoor, Mystara, and Birthright do not. I suspect that means that they are considered lower tier compared to the others. (Dark Sun doesn't have deities so that doesn't count, of course.)

The only thing that comes close to looking like Birthright support is the orog entry in the Monster Manual.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Call Lass View Post
    The only thing that comes close to looking like Birthright support is the orog entry in the Monster Manual.
    Thanks for the conversion ;-)

Sadly orogs are another import into BR, and unlike goblins they didn't get much of a makeover. At least we made the list this time tho'

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck Call Lass View Post
    Well, they say:

Orogs were first mentioned in Spelljammer that I can recall.
    I like PBEM's.

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I think that linked PDF has some very interesting ideas, especially the Scion feats, but no, Dwarves should not be wizards of any sort, at any point. Warlocks, just maybe, depending on your excuse, but not conventional arcane casters. That would be like allowing Elven clerics.

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelandrin View Post
    I think that linked PDF has some very interesting ideas, especially the Scion feats, but no, Dwarves should not be wizards of any sort, at any point. Warlocks, just maybe, depending on your excuse, but not conventional arcane casters. That would be like allowing Elven clerics.
    The conversion is very silent on whether 2e Birthright racial limits should apply. I believe it should be up to every DM to decide for her campaign.

Perhaps I should make an explicit note of that?

Ehrshegh of Spelling Thelandrin's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    By all means.

Whilst you're at it, you could simplify the bonus feat for the scion racial options. Just mention that each race may take one of the Scion feats as their bonus feats and leave it at that. There's no need to spell out the seven gods' feats each time and it'll save you a bunch of space too!

Ius Hibernicum, in nomine juris. Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.

Thread Information