Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Action Dice

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by irdeggman
    "So the system is designed to revolve around AP and not just having them around “just in case”.
    That rather defeats the point of having them IMO. Especially with the system they use. Of course having not read anything myself, I can't say completely. This way it's just another game mechanic you have to be worried about running out of and not having enoguh. My players have enough problems keeping spells and hp in good numbers adding in more just means they have to worry about more. Then again, my players are below average skill IMO.

Downloads
    Uploads
    What I meant was that there are quite a lot of feats that use AP to accomplish things. And since feats are always chosen by the players they get to decide how valuable the APs are - its just that they have more possbilities to use them on in the setting.
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'd have to play it to get a good feel for it, but it sounds a lot different from any other systems I've used with action points and such.

Downloads
    Uploads

Action Dice

In a message dated 12/6/05 2:57:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    brnetboard@BIRTHRIGHT.NET writes:

<< DemyztikX wrote:
    "So the system is designed to revolve around AP and not just having them
    around ā€œjust in caseā€.
    That rather defeats the point of having them IMO. Especially with the system
    they use. Of course having not read anything myself, I can`t say completely.
    This way it`s just another game mechanic you have to be worried about running
    out of and not having enoguh. My players have enough problems keeping spells
    and hp in good numbers adding in more just means they have to worry about more.
    >>

That`s why I am leaning towards the AD-as-instant-rewards policy, instead
    of just renewing the pool at each level.

Lee.

Thread Information