Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by JakobLiar View Post
    That link you shared for us consists of a Trojan Horse when I tried to download it. I allowed it past my first two security alerts, but when my AVG told me it was a Trojan Horse, I had to stop it. Is there another link to download it?

EDIT: Well, it turned out that it was the accelerator that was a Trojan Horse. I am currently getting the true program downloaded.
    For the technologically illiterate amongst us, could you briefly explain how to avoid the trojan? I'd rather not infect visitors with anything other than a love for the setting!

Alamar: If you are looking for adventure suggestions, I did a bunch of adventure seeds based on random events that are outlined on the wiki in the fan section.
    Last edited by AndrewTall; 06-01-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTall View Post
    For the technologically illiterate amongst us, could you briefly explain how to avoid the trojan? I'd rather not infect visitors with anything other than a love for the setting!

Alamar: If you are looking for adventure suggestions, I did a bunch of adventure seeds based on random events that are outlined on the wiki in the fan section.
    The sendspace link on the earlier page is to a broken version of the mod (random crash), here is an updated one where the crash is fixed:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3nm1u

Other people have mentioned issues with downloading from there, but it's not sendspace or the file itself that is the issue. It's just that there are these "tricky" ad banners that pretend to be download links, do *not* click on them - like with most free download/streaming sites online they make their money from ads, but just take a moment to look at what you are clicking on before downloading anything. Also de-select the option to use the accelerator.

And random adventure ideas sound great Andrew - can you post a specific link to them? (Edit: Never mind, found em!)
    Last edited by Alamar Kinslayer; 06-01-2014 at 08:53 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Alamar Kinslayer View Post
    Other people have mentioned issues with downloading from there, but it's not sendspace or the file itself that is the issue. It's just that there are these "tricky" ad banners that pretend to be download links, do *not* click on them - like with most free download/streaming sites online they make their money from ads, but just take a moment to look at what you are clicking on before downloading anything. Also de-select the option to use the accelerator.
    Ah, them, I've come across those vermin on other sites

Quote Originally Posted by Alamar Kinslayer View Post
    And random adventure ideas sound great Andrew - can you post a specific link to them? (Edit: Never mind, found em!)
    For any-one else who wonders what I was referring to.

Go to the main wiki page (second tab along the top above, scroll down to the bottom of the page where the page has a title "Fan Based".

Click on "Adventures", that will take you to what I fondly consider an index and what others consider a poor-man's category page for technophobes.

At the bottom of the Adventures page is a selection of links under the titel Random Events and Adventure Seeds, one of those links is called "Andrew Tall's random events" which is the page that hopefully has a few crumbs from which others may make a meal.

I note that I've stolen some of them from all sorts of places but have no idea where in most cases so have shamefully omitted all mention of original authorship, mea culpa.

Been playing the game as much as I can and I'm loving it. However, I did notice while playing Rhoubhe, I had a wife with a -200% fertility and she ended up pregnant four days into getting married. I was very confused with that, but she ended up pregnant twice before dying from childbirth.

I was loving the game a lot, but compared to Birthright, there wasn't much really going on. I mean, yes, Boeruine and Avanil were occasionally fighting each other, Ghonallison kept rebelling /constantly/, and even while playing as Spiderfell I was almost instantly invaded. When I played as Rhoubhe, a year in I looked and found Spiderfell to be part of Roesone... which highly surprised me.

Then again, this is a Mod for Crusader Kings II instead of an actual Birthright game. Still, however, I love it and what you did with it.

Quote Originally Posted by JakobLiar View Post
    Been playing the game as much as I can and I'm loving it. However, I did notice while playing Rhoubhe, I had a wife with a -200% fertility and she ended up pregnant four days into getting married. I was very confused with that, but she ended up pregnant twice before dying from childbirth.

I was loving the game a lot, but compared to Birthright, there wasn't much really going on. I mean, yes, Boeruine and Avanil were occasionally fighting each other, Ghonallison kept rebelling /constantly/, and even while playing as Spiderfell I was almost instantly invaded. When I played as Rhoubhe, a year in I looked and found Spiderfell to be part of Roesone... which highly surprised me.

Then again, this is a Mod for Crusader Kings II instead of an actual Birthright game. Still, however, I love it and what you did with it.
    Thanks for the feedback Yes, it's nowhere near completed, this mod - but I released it when it became "playable", just to get some early feedback and I didn't want to be one of those mods that wait until everything is near-perfect and then end up taking 2-3 years to finally release something.

The elf pregnancy is *supposed* to work so that when an elf woman gets pregnant, she goes into an "infertile" period for 50 years. I coded it correctly as you can see, it s just strange that it s not working in practice. I'll have to look into it further.

I'm going to give the Spiderfell a level 10 fort, hopefulyl that should prevent it from being conquered too fast also.

I'm hoping a new version will be released at the end of June with lots of new features, so keep an eye out on this space and on the official thread in the modding forums!

Special Guest (Donor) DarkApple's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads
    I will keep both eyes on the threads here and at Paradox

Special Guest (Donor) Lifesbane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Unhappy

Looks really good Alamar.

Having problems getting it to work though. Can download it and save it in the apt folder without difficulty but don't see it when I load the game and the setup.exe won't open. Does anyone know what I am missing?

Quote Originally Posted by Lifesbane View Post
    Looks really good Alamar.

Having problems getting it to work though. Can download it and save it in the apt folder without difficulty but don't see it when I load the game and the setup.exe won't open. Does anyone know what I am missing?
    Sounds to me like you downloaded the wrong file? There is no setup.exe involved at all, it is a .rar file that you need to extract and put into your documents/mod folder - in my case, located at:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

You then select the Birthright mod when you launch the CK II application. It's important that you place the mod files in the directory above, however, and not into main-game directory mod folder.

Special Guest (Donor) Lifesbane's Avatar
    Downloads
    Uploads

Wink

Many thanks Alamar,

I had left the folder in a subfolder in the mod folder. It's working now.

Continuing to make good progress - for all those here who have not seen Cerilia in 3D before, here is the latest version of the map

And zoomed in on Rhuobhe Manslayer's land:

The latest mod downloads and discussion are found here:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...ake-II*/page12

but you'll unfortunately need a registered version of Crusader Kings II to access it.

Thread Information