Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Thanks for putting this out.
    I downloaded the game and put it the the proper directory, the game starts, I go to single player, select the 1524 date and pick a country, but when I click start game the game will crash, every time.. no matter what country I pick.. Is there any DLCs that should not be active or anything?

Fantastic work.
    Being a dedicated BR worshiper and CK2 fan this is like a small dream come true.

If there is a way some people could help you should ask, Im sure many here would respond well.

Some suggestions: under the de jure kingdoms there should be the Duchy of Diemed including Medoere, Roesone, Endier and Ilien. Maybe H. Diem starts with a minor claim on the counties of Alamier and Braeme?

The de jure duchy of Alamie should include all of Tuornen, having Alam holding a claim on Haesrien.

Maybe incorporate the guilders in the same excellent way you did with the religious heads. Mayors controlling seondary towns with lieges the guildmasters of Anuire.

Finally shouldnt the court wizards have a slot in the council?

Hey there,

I downloaded your mod (version 0.80a) and I really like it. It must have taken a lot of time and efforts to achieve this level of quality, so I thought I'd give you some feedback.

On the bad side, the game will randomly crash when playing with the mod. I do not know what causes this behavior, but it's possible to play 20 years with no one crash, then have five or six crashes at a very short interval. It might be caused by a buggy event, but I'm not sure which.

The "recover from maiming" decision does not work for me, but the code looks ok to me, so I presume there was simply no priest character around to receive the request for help.

My last point is not a bug, but a balance issue. It's abusively easy to increase a player's bloodline score by sacrificing prisoners. It could be toned down by adding a tyranny penalty (similar to the one you get from execution), an opinion penalty from relatives of the target, or at the very least a cost on prestige. From the Birthright setting, I remember that when performing a blood rite on a target with a greater bloodline, there was some chance of being overwhelmed by the greater bloodline. This is not the case in the mod, but I suppose it could be added in.

Necro I know but...

Is there a way to bring this mod back to life? It doesn't work on the current version =/

Downloads
    Uploads
    I don't know. BloodRoyal the main developer for this mod said he more or less burnt out at some point and said he may come back and update it at a later date. I am sure keeping up with constant patches is a lot of work. So perhaps when they stop he'll make a final version, at least that is my hope.

I've only ever gotten the mod to work with the mod version 0.76 and Crusader Kings II (CK2) version "Horselords" aka. 2.4.1 to 2.4.5. (maybe all the 2.4.x CK2 versions work with that mod version?)

As for the mod versions 0.80, 0.81, and Alan9999 submod file they are for CK2 2.5.2 or 2.5.x somewhere in there possibly all compatible. I have yet to get that to work for me.

The mod version 0.84 is for CK2 version 2.6.x possibly 2.6.3.

So the current game is 3.0.1.1 and it doesn't work at all, as you obviously know.

I am guessing that you know you can revert to older versions of the games. I am unsure with CK2 what versions are available to revert to on Steam atm. I think my above info can help you navigate some options that may work if Steam has them available.

There may be other patch files out there too for the mod that may be compatible with other CK2 versions. I've only found the mod files from this thread and the moddb site.

Thank God for my foresight and ability to preserve old game versions on old computers that I no longer use for anything else and I can still play the mod on 0.76 on CK2 Horselords.

Thanks for the reminder, off to play Avanil now.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    BTW, I think the major problem for compatibility is due to a bug requiring a whole redo of the map. So, if anyone is interested in redoing that, maybe a 3.0.1.1 update, or whatever current patch it is that you read this, could be possible.

I can imagine after making the whole map with all the provinces and such is enough work to find out later, cause of a bug, you have to redo it and at that moment get burnt out on the whole thing. So, it is doable to revive this mod, if only to update it.

I am guessing all the magical items would have to be converted to artifacts, but then I am playing 0.76 and am not sure if the 0.84 mod has artifacts or if the magical items are still traits. I think artifacts would enhance this mod for sure. However, just getting the mod to work is priority I would think. So a conversion for magical items into artifacts could be something later.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    So i've decided i need a good Birthright wargame, and i've heard good things about this mod. So i have a few questions.

First i need to get CKII. Is there a particular version i should get? Does a version with all the addon packages make a difference?

Which of the mod files do i need? Just 0.8 with the patch? Or do i need 0.76 as well?

Was CKII available in a non-steam version? I'd rather have a game that does not use Steam, i can help it. Or was it only ever offered using Steam?

Just want to make sure i do this properly so i don't buy stuff i don't need.

Thanks!

-Fizz

Special Guest (Donor)
    Downloads
    Uploads
    Hmmm... but as i read the thread, sounds like there is an issue. Hopefully the game is available outside of and without Steam, so these last patches that seemingly broke the mod can be fixed.

-Fizz

Downloads
    Uploads
    I think the game was only sold on steam. I found online codes on Amazon, but I believe they take you to steam. I don't know about another source where to buy it. I haven't seen hard copies of CDs either. The DLC isn't necessary to play as some of the features are free and the ones that aren't mainly allow playing other realms in the vanilla game aka. not modded version of the game.

The DLC horselords is required to play the 0.76 mod. I think the later mod (0.80+) versions require some of the later key DLCs too, but this requirement may be only the free part of the DLC and not requiring purchase.

I don't know for either or any of the mods what is required for each mod version actually. The free bit is effectively a free patch and the DLC that you purchase unlocks more features of the DLC. So, what the mod requires I am guessing is just the patch bit to run, therefore requiring an update from the vanilla game. I am unsure if the DLC purchase is needed.

I have only gotten the game to work with the older 0.76 Birthright mod with the Horselords DLC. I've tried the newer versions on my steam with all my DLCs and updates and no other version works for me.

I was wrong about the map problem, rather it is a pathing problem as I understand it was hotfixed for the game itself, I dunno what issues the mod has currently. I didn't update when I figured that out cause I didn't know if there was any interest in this thread. So, perhaps it can work with the appropriate mod/game versions of the .80+ variety (I think I have them correctly matched up in my prievous post). Just need to match it with the DLC/patch of the game the mod version was tuned to in order to see. I've failed to get them to work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: To clarify - 0.76 Birthright mod requires Horselords or 2.4.1 to 2.4.5 version of Crusader Kings II (CK2) Unsure if that is the free patch or the DLC purchase as well.

Any 0.80+ Birthright mods requires their respective patch number for their version of CK2. As per each only that mod and game version are needed, you can ignore earlier mods or patches as long as you have the 2 that match up.
    Last edited by Magian; 04-17-2019 at 10:57 PM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Also, in case it was missed, you can revert your CK2 version on Steam to an earlier version. For those mods that are no longer updated or just a preferred patch or old saved game you want to finish. It goes for CK2. I am checking that out now on my Steam to see how it works for CK2.

A guide.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/20377...9901253848647/

You will need to link your steam game to a paradox account. Just a heads up, it is all in the guide.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: To verify-

I can revert to any of the versions needed for the Birthright Mod. Sadly reverting required a download each time and you can't have multiple versions on the PC I believe. I may be wrong about that. But, it looks like you can run the 2.4.x Horselords with the 0.76 if you want. Hopefully that works.

I've edited the loading screen to a full image of the DM screen if you are interested, if it works out for ya. I hope this helps.
    Last edited by Magian; 04-18-2019 at 12:00 AM.

Thread Information