Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player secrets

Player secrets

Where can i get the player secrets of all the anuirean domains?(At least the ones that exist).

Downloads
    Uploads
    You can buy them from RPG NOw (one source I know of)

http://www.rpgnow.com/default.php?manufacturers_id=4&filter_id=305&
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Last edited by asoe; 12-14-2005 at 02:02 PM.
    TO WAR!

Downloads
    Uploads
    Ebay works too for a lot of them.

Downloads
    Uploads
    28 products at $4.95 each, $138.60 roughly. Proving once again I either need a job or a cheaper hobby.

Downloads
    Uploads
    but do you need all 28 products in one go?

simple answer is no.

choose a region and by for that, worry bout the other regions when funds allow. Also don't worry bout books of Priestcraft, Magery, or Legends of Hero Kings, you don't need adventures to start with.

trust me. small out lay maximum return.

Downloads
    Uploads
    The order I'd get them is:

Basic Rule set (Should include Ruins of Empire - the information for Anuire)

Book of Magecraft (if playing any sort of mage/magician) {Also has information on the Royal College of Sorcery in the Imperial City}

Book of Priestcraft (again if playing any sort of priest or paladin) {Has a lot of information on Investiture (including elven and wizards)}

Cities on the Sun (Khinasi region - a must if playing there, also has sea battle rules and expanded rules for sea trading)

Havens of the Great Bay (Brechtur region. Has more trade rules)

Rjurik Highlands (only if playing in that region)

Tribes of the Heartless Wastes (Vos region - agin only if playing in that region)

These books are in general a bargain for the $4.95. Do not buy both Cities in the Sun and the Naval Battle Rules since the Naval Battle Rules are in the CoS.

Pick up PS only for regions you are interested in playing. They are not real good deals at $4.95 since theyonly cost $7.95 when new but since that is pretty much the only way you'll find them. .

Tuarhievel is real good. Has a lot of info on elves and their history. There is a lot of the elven history and ties to the Shadow World in the free pdf Blood Spawn and it is different material with a different twist.

Moedore is good for history of its founding.

Baruk-Azhik is good as it is the only dwarven realm with a PS.

Man I hate to think how much I've spent on BR over the years now that you put it in perspective. Especially since I bought the material prety much when new and at old time dollar values - crikes no wonder my wife gets mad at me.

The free ones are real good to have (Book of Regency and Blood Spawn).
    Duane Eggert

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantyluoto
    but do you need all 28 products in one go?

simple answer is no.

choose a region and by for that, worry bout the other regions when funds allow. Also don't worry bout books of Priestcraft, Magery, or Legends of Hero Kings, you don't need adventures to start with.

trust me. small out lay maximum return.
    Well, I still need them. If I buy them it's still that much money. Thank god I got rid of all my warhammer 40k stuff before I could find out how much I spent on that ($120 in paints alone!).

Downloads
    Uploads

Angry

With all due respect, but some of the Player's Secrets are really useless, and very bad written. Do not take me wrong, there are some very good Birthright books, but you definitely should not *need* to buy all of them.

By the other side, I strongly reccomend all the basic boxed sets (and the Vos book): they are all good, even if you aren't playing in the region they describe. Of course, you don't need them to play, so if you wish to save your money you don't have to buy them. The same goes for the Book of Pristcraft/Magecraft - they are good, though by no means absolutely necessary. For all the others, take a good look on them before buying.

For me, I'm still lacking the Cities of the Sun and the Book of Magecraft, but that is not by option - living in Brazil it is really hard to find some Birthright material, and I am lazy to buy by the internet...
    Last edited by Sir Justine; 12-02-2005 at 06:26 AM.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Thinking about it, I actually think I know a store I can buy some stuff at as NOS (new old stock).

Thread Information