How to find blooded charakters

Greetings!

Beside spells are there any other ways to find out if a PC or NPC is blooded or not? Does the divine essence enhance physical presence to a noticeable point? Or is it the family name that makes it possible to detect a character with a bloodline? Is there something like a foliant with all blooded lines of Cerilia?

Thx for your help! cy

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some blooded creatures have the blood ability "Blood Sense". That can be used to hunt down the blooded or as security to make sure no-one of power sneaks in.

I remember that blood ability was a bit of an issue for my party because we were trying to enter the mines of the Gorgon undetected but my druid was a regent so he stuck out.

Sorontar

Downloads
    Uploads
    I forgot that there is one thing that can smell blooded people - blood hounds.

Have a read of BRCS:Ch9 - Blood Hound . I believe they were originally mentioned in the Blood Enemies book.

Sorontar
    Last edited by Sorontar; 01-23-2014 at 11:41 AM.
    Sorontar
    Information Communication ILLUMINATION!!

Downloads
    Uploads
    As well, some people have the Bloodmark blood ability which makes them visually obvious.
    Call me Bob.
    My website: NRGGames.org
    My game design blog: Bob's Worlds

Downloads
    Uploads
    In the pdf "Blood Spawn" on pages 13 -15, they cover a creature a dog, called a blood hound.

Blood hounds are blooded war dogs bred and trained specifically to hunt scions. When the gods sacrificed themselves at Mount Deismaar, their essences rained upon all who stood on the battlefield—including animals involved in the conflict. Like their masters, some war dogs present inherited divine bloodlines. Most have been diluted to nothing over the centuries, but some purebreds still exist. These animals, known as blood hounds, are prized not only for their ability to track blooded individuals, but for their exceptional hardiness and loyalty. Though faithful to any fair master, blood hounds exhibit selfless devotion to a master who shares the same bloodline derivation (pg. 13).

Peaceful encounters
    Blood hounds have a gift for sniffing out blooded characters. At their master’s command, they can locate the nearest blooded individual or pursue a specific scion.

A blood hound can automatically catch the scent of any blooded individual within a one-mile radius or who has passed through the area within the past five days (provided it has not rained). (pp. 14-15)
    In "The Book of Magecraft", there is a character class called a Blood hound whose purpose is to locate or confirm blooded individuals, but they tend to use spells.
    d'estre bons et leaulx amis et vrais ensemble et de servir l'un 'autre envers et contre tous

Just a thought about blooded

I guess too much Highlander film thoughts but I have always believed most blooded know others. Like heraldry and recognition it would be impirtant to know and keep track of all the bloodlines as much as possible.
    When land chioce hapoens a new line can be created and recorded.
    I have wondered about blood history and if a land choice gave an old bloodline to someone would they have a blood history moment at transfer.
    Spells and items to detect blood lines and hide them are mentioned.

Chris

Downloads
    Uploads
    The families with strong bloodlines will be well known, but illegitimate children might go unnoticed. I suspect that many scholars carefully track bloodlines, it would certainly be important information for any noble family seeking a match for their child. I would note though that bloodline is more than just another attribute, a scion is touched by the gods, the land responds to them - and a perceptible effect of the bloodline should be clear for a scion with a strong bloodline to the wise observer even absent use of blood abilities or obvious signs like a bloodmark or bloodform.

Thread Information