I'm still running my Pathfinder/BR game. The group is about to have a big (well, small) battle and Final Showdown with a blooded troll who rules some land adjacent to theirs.

Presuming it's one of the scions who offs the troll, someone's going to suck up some divine essence. I suspect further, that troll regeneration makes it more likely that someone is going to use coup de grace to finish him off, there could be a big increase in someone's bloodline strength-- enough to earn a new minor blood ability. (I've already crunched numbers, using normal and bloodtheft possibilities.)

One of these scion PCs has a bloodline that could have the Blood History ability, and guess what? The troll already has that.

IF the right PC (the ruler, BTW) finishes off the troll, and IF she does it the thorough way, would you as a DM:
1) say that she absorbs or inherits the Blood History ability, or let her roll her own chances on the random table.
2) but whose History-- the troll's bloodline's, or her own ancestry?

Perhaps #2 should hang on whether her bloodline derivation (Vorynn) switched to that of the Troll (Masela)?

Opinions?