Hi Everyone,

I came here looking for some help and advice. I'm currently playing in a birthright campaign with a few others. I am playing Suris Enlien, the regent of Medoere. I like what the GM has done with his campaign thus far, but I am running into some problems, actually, I've have problems since the beginning of the campaign. For those in the 'know', you know that Medoere used to be a part of Diemed only a few years back (8 years according to the source books), and Heirl Diem wants to bring Medoere and Endier back into this kingdom.

So the GM has Heirl Diem continually create law holdings in my kingdom to contest my rulership, rather then outrightly declare war. My kingdom generates a whole 4 gold bars (after expenses and upkeep) and 28 regency for my character. I am continually having to spend my gold and regency to contest his actions and I am actually at the point now where I am falling behind. At this point I am really, really, really frustrated with playing this kingdom because I don't see my character able to keep or maintain it. I've asked Roesone kingdom for help, but that might only delay at best. I have 3 knights, 3 infantry and 3 archer units. But those 9 units are no way near a match for what Diemed has at its disposal, plus he has a large treasury that he can muster new units from. Endier and Illien can't help, certainly not the Spider, Arenwe isn't interested in war and doesn't want any involvement... so I am at a loss.

I've already expressed my frustrations to the GM. What do I do? I'm looking for help or advice on how to deal with this scenario.

First, how do I deal with Heirl Diem for the moment? (repel his actions)
Second, how could I gain an advantage over him and possibly take over Diemed? (this is a lofty goal, but one I have to consider to remove him from the game as he will always be a thorn in my side)