Downloads
    Uploads

PC game Gorgon Editors

I am one of the lucky ones who still got the original Birthright PC game. The Gorgon alliance by Sierra.
    Now my group is playing a Birthright campaign and I would like to use the PC game to keep track of the PP game.
    For that I need to get the game installed! My PC got windows 7 so that did not work. I found a website where I could buy a version that runs on windows 7. (problem solved)
    Then I downloaded 4 different editors from Birthright.net. Non will work! all tell me that they need to be installed same place as the game (but they are)
    Any one got any smart ideas’ ?

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugl View Post
    I am one of the lucky ones who still got the original Birthright PC game. The Gorgon alliance by Sierra.
    Now my group is playing a Birthright campaign and I would like to use the PC game to keep track of the PP game.
    For that I need to get the game installed! My PC got windows 7 so that did not work. I found a website where I could buy a version that runs on windows 7. (problem solved)
    Then I downloaded 4 different editors from Birthright.net. Non will work! all tell me that they need to be installed same place as the game (but they are)
    Any one got any smart ideas’ ?
    I have installed the game on my PC in the folder C:\Sierra\Birthrt
    The editors need to be in the same folder as the game to work.

The editors do not work with the early 1.0 or 1.02 releases of the game, but only from 1.03 and later so make sure that you update the game to patch 1.04

Birthright: The Gorgons Alliance PATCH README
    10/31/1997
    Version 1.0.0.3

TABLE OF CONTENTS

[1] WHAT THE PATCH FIXES
    [2] HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH
    [3] ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    [4] IF YOU STILL EXPERIANCE PROBLEMS

[1] WHAT THE PATCH FIXES
    ====================================
    Several minor bugs
    Code support for the Deluxe Tools

1. Scenario Editor support. Any new game scenarios (no longer The Gorgon's Alliance) can be dumped in the saved game directory and loaded as if they were ordinary saved games. But, they will allow you to select other realms (not just the 17 the original game allows) and it properly modifies the game so that if you are playing an awnshegh or monster realm that the game adjusts appropriately.

2. The Character Editor is now fully supported in the game. Create your own characters and inventories and have them appear in the game.

3. The game will display and allow players to go on adventures built with the Adventure Editors. Build your own castles and dungeons and adventure in them yourself. Or send them to friends for their use.

4. The Character Editor was fixed and improved. Lots of minor suggestions by users.

5. The Adventure Editors were released. Building a full, new adventure is a time consuming task, but determined users or minor edits of existing adventures are possible.

6. The Scenario Editor is done and working. Allows users to change ownership and starting conditions of every province, holding, and force in the game. Setup starting alliances. Choose which realms are in the game and which are player starts. Lots of cool features. Radical changes to game play are possible and scenarios may be shared.

7. Experience At Battle Level The following chart of combat experience points now works. The first number is points awarded to fighters, the next to priests, the third is for thieves, and the last number is for wizards.

Engage in Battle 500, 500, 300, 500

Go onto the battlefield 1000, 500, 300, 500

Cast magic or use magic item 50, 200, 50, 200

Command a win in battle 1000, 500, 500, 500

Bonus if command a win against larger army 1000, 500, 500, 500

8. The intermittent message "Endier assassinated a unit in" has been fixed so that the location of the assassination is now printed.

9. The intermittent message "unknown has gained an experience level" was fixed.

10. The intermittent bug in which a character at the realm level, defeated in battle, chose to not retreat and then could not be engaged thereafter was fixed.

11. Battle magic was improved so that non-mages could now use magical artifacts such as Necklace of Missiles on the battlefield.

12. A bug in which items with multiple charges disappeared from the hot-boxes after one use was fixed.

13. The message about characters gaining a level now identifies their realm.

[2] HOW TO INSTALL THE PATCH
    Click On the Brdos13.exe file and follow the onscreen instructions. You must have Windows 3.1 or higher to install this patch.

[3] ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
    For specific questions on what this patch fixes, check us out on our web site
    at http://www.sierra.com/titles/birthright and go to the Adventure's Guild
    Message Board.

[4] IF YOU STILL EXPERIANCE PROBLEMS
    If you continue to experience any problems, or if you have any questions concerning any of the above steps, our Technical Support Team will be more than happy to assist you. Please call (206) 644-4343 between 8:15 a.m. and 4:45 p.m., Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday. We can be reached by Fax at (206) 644-7697, or by mail at the following address:

U.S. Technical Support
    Sierra On-Line
    Technical Support
    P.O. Box 85006
    Bellevue, WA 98015-8506

Phone: (206) 644-4343
    Monday - Friday, 8:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. PST
    Fax: (206) 644-7697

Sierra On-Line offers a 24-hour Automated Technical Support line with recorded answers to the most frequently asked technical questions. To access this service, call (206) 644-4343, and follow the recorded instructions to find your specific topic and resolve the issue. If this fails to solve your problem, you may still write, or fax us with your questions, or contact us via BBS.

U.K. Technical Support
    Sierra On-Line Limited
    2 Beacontree Plaza
    Gillette Way
    Reading, Berkshire
    RG2 0BS United Kingdom
    (Disk/CD replacements in the U.K. are £6.00, or £7.00 outside the UK. Add "ATTN.: Returns."

Phone: (0118) 920-9111
    Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Fax: (0118) 987-5603

France
    Parc Tertiaire de Meudon
    Immeuble "Le Newton"
    25 rue Jeanne Braconnier
    92366 Meudon La Forêt Cedex
    France

Téléphone: 01-46-01-46-50
    Support Technique automatisé 7 jours sur 7 24h/24
    Techniciens accessibles du Lundi au Vendredi
    de 10h à 19h
    Fax: 01-46-30-00-65

Germany
    Sierra Coktel Deutschland
    Robert-Bosh-Str. 32
    D-63303 Dreieich
    Deutschland

Phone: (0610) 399-4040
    Montag bis Freitag von 9Uhr - 19Uhr
    Fax: (0610) 399-4035
    Mailbox: (0610) 399-4041

Spain
    Coktel Educative Multimedia
    Avenida de Burgos 9
    1º-OF2
    28036 Madrid Spain

Teléfono: (01) 383-2623
    Lunes a Viernes de 9h30 a 14h y de 15h a 18h30
    Fax: (01) 381-2437

Italy
    Contattare il vostro distribotore

Technical Support via modem is also available through:
    CompuServe United Kingdom: GO UKSIERRA
    CompuServe France: GO FRSIERRA
    CompuServe Germany: GO DESIERRA
    Email USA: support@sierra.com
    Internet USA: http://www.sierra.com
    Internet United Kingdom: http://www.sierra-online.co.uk
    Internet France: http://www.sierra.fr
    Internet Germany: http://www.sierra.de

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DISK/DOCO REPLACEMENT:

Sierra On-Line Fulfillment
    PO Box 485
    Coarsegold, CA. 93614

PRODUCT RETURNS:
    Sierra On-Line Returns
    PO Box 485
    Coarsegold, CA. 93614

NOTE: To replace your disk(s) please send only Disk #1 (or the CD) and copy of your dated Receipt, if less then 90 days. After 90 days please include a $10 handling fee along with Disk / CD #1. For Documentation, please include a $5.00 handling fee and a photocopy ONLY of disk #1. Payment should be made at the time of your request. Sorry, no credit cards.

United Kingdom
    Sierra On-Line Limited
    2 Beacontree Plaza
    Gillette Way
    Reading, Berkshire
    RG2 0BS United Kingdom

(Disk/CD replacements in the U.K. are £6.00, or £7.00 outside the UK.)
    Add "ATTN.: Returns."

Main: (0118) 920-9111
    Monday - Friday, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
    Fax: (0118) 987-5603

France
    Parc Tertiaire de Meudon
    Immeuble "Le Newton"
    25 rue Jeanne Braconnier
    92366 Meudon La Forêt Cedex
    France

Téléphone: (01) 46-01-48-53
    Lundi au Vendredi de 9h à 18h
    Fax: (01) 46-30-00-65

Germany
    Sierra Coktel Deutschland
    Robert-Bosh-Str. 32
    D-63303 Dreieich
    Deutschland

Tel.: (0) 6103-99-40-40
    Montag bis Freitag von 9Uhr - 19Uhr
    Fax: (0) 6103-99-40-35

On-Line Sales
    CompuServe United Kingdom: GO UKSIERRA
    CompuServe France: GO FRSIERRA
    CompuServe Germany: GO DESIERRA
    Internet: http://www.sierra.com
    Internet: http://www.sierra-online.co.uk
    Internet: http://www.sierra.fr
    Internet: http://www.sierra.de
    ---------------------------------
    U.S. Hints:

1-900-370-5583
    $.75 per minute (must be 18 years or older, or have parental permission). You may also contact Direct Sales to inquire whether a hint book is available for your product.

On-Line Hints:

Hint Line, Canada:
    1-900-451-3356

Hint Line, France:
    08-36-68-46-50 (hint line)
    2,23F TTC la minute; tariff en vigueur au 1 juillet 1996. (France métropolitaine seulement)

Hint Line, United Kingdom:
    Old Games Hint Line: (0118) 920-9109
    New Programs hint line: (0891) 660-660 (within the UK only)

New Sierra Hint Line:
    For adventure programs released after January 1st, 1993. Charged 50p/minute at all times. Maximum call length 7.5 minutes. Maximum charge is £3.75. Must have permission of the person who pays the phone bill before calling. Line available in the UK only. Requires a touch tone phone.

Old Sierra Hint Line:
    For adventure games released up to December 31st, 1992. Calls are charged at normal telephone rates. Requires a touch tone phone, 24 hour line.

Hint Line, Deutschland:
    0190 - 515 616(hint line)
    Kosten: 1,20 DM pro Minute (Nur in Deutschland verfügbar) 24Std. /Tag

Hint Line, Italy:
    Contattare il vostro distribotore

Hint Line, Spain:
    Coktel Educative Multimedia
    Avenida de Burgos 9
    1º-OF2
    28036 Madrid Spain

Teléfono: (01) 383-2623
    Lunes a Viernes de 9h30 a 14h y de 15h a 18h30

SIERRA ON-LINE, INC. DOES NOT WARRANTY OR PROMISE THAT THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL WORK WITH ANY OR ALL COMPUTER SYSTEMS. SIERRA DOES NOT ASSUME ANY LIABILITY, EITHER INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL, FOR THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN, INCLUDING ANY AND ALL DAMAGE TO OR LOST USE OF COMPUTER HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS, LOSS OF WARRANTIES, OR LOST DATA BY THE CUSTOMER OR ANY THIRD PARTY. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SIERRA, ITS EMPLOYEES, DISTRIBUTORS, DEALER OR AGENTS SHALL CHANGE THE RESTRICTION OF LIABILITY OR CREATE ANY NEW WARRANTIES. IN NO CASE SHALL SIERRA'S LIABILITY EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SIERRA SOFTWARE PRODUCT.
    Michael Romes

Thread Information