Downloads
    Uploads

Hidden Message? Tribe of Heartless Wastes Cover

I just noticed for the first time the Birthright logo is partially covered blocking out the word birth with the impaled flaming head of....an Anuirean? Was this intended to portray the lack of respect for the right of birth in the Vos world? That is to say the only right you have is the one you take from your enemy when you take his head? Of course if you follow Belinik you'd have eaten his heart too. All the while the tears of your conquered foe turn to ice in the breath of Kriesha as the white wolf howls. You may have heard the warning that winter is coming. But winter never leaves this place. Tread carefully, this isn't Anuire Toto.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    According to me the owner of the head is a Brecht... maybe that the picture is of the battle of lake Ladan

Downloads
    Uploads
    Some of the menfolk are also staring in a most vexatious manner and exposing their masculine stature in a quite unseemly manner - such things are simply improper in polite society

Aside from the fact that it is highly combustable I can't say anything about the head, but the lack of armour and well curled locks of the soon-to-be-slaughtered chap lying in the snow with a Vos warrior kneeling on his back certainly has a Brecht air to him - an Anuirean knight would be wearing more metal and a peasant less.

I note with regard to the chaps above the banner in question, that the one on the outside appears to be wearing little more than a tiger head and a half cloak - somewhat impracticable given the Vosgaard climate and I suspect that he is either drunk or from Kozlovnyy (the two not of course being mutually exclusive).

Downloads
    Uploads
    I agree they are definitely Brecht, I was just having some fun. The Brecht sword is a give away I think too. An old Vos saying, "Anuireans and Brechts...they all look alike."

The Tiger head / Lynx head wearing Vos guys in the banner I would think are the shapeshifter/berserker types that would stack dex. That or Vos rogue types or ranger even still stacking dex. I'd go with a ranger type that is less spell oriented and more martial and survival if even allowing them for Vos. Seeing as 3E has given us the option for variant rangers a 2ed AD&D retrofit could apply here.
    One law, One court, One allied people, One coin, and one tax, is what I shall bring to Cerilia.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Shapeshifter or not the chap with the tiger-head would freeze in the north - he has to be a southerner ;-)

I don't see the Vos as armour-oriented much, thick furs yes, maybe some chain, but that's about it, ferocity and speed are their main means of defence.

I suspect that when the Brecht, Anuireans, etc got hit by the first blizzard they soon found that metal armour and sub-zero temperatures don't mix well, chainmail breeches keep out barbs and brambles but not chill.

I'm thinking that the large tattoo on his forehead is a spell tattoo imbued with protective magic.. priests of Belinek specialize in such things.

Downloads
    Uploads
    I'm sure chain would stiffen up in winter too as metal expands.

Downloads
    Uploads
    Quote Originally Posted by Magian View Post
    I'm sure chain would stiffen up in winter too as metal expands.
    I'd wondered if chain could be worn over/under various layers as it's reasonably flexible compared to other armour. I'm guessing that enough hide would give almost as much protection and much more warmth for far less cost.

My one issue with the Vos relying on spell tatoos is that I have spell casting priests as very rare, most Vos priests in my mind would be berserkers, experts, fighters, etc.

Thread Information